Job Title: District Program Management Officer (6 Positions)
Report To: Regional Technical Coordinator
Work Location: Mbeya (5), Rukwa (1)
Under the supervision of the Regional Program Coordinator, the District Program Management Officer will guide and monitor the implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention; care and treatment activities supported through the HJFMRI/MHRP program and carried out in alignment with the current Tanzania MoHCDGEC guidelines in selected districts in Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa, Katavi and Ruvuma regions of Tanzania. The District Program Management Officer will be stationed in the respective districts. The District Program Management Officer will take on responsibilities within the district in terms of providing regular supportive supervision and remediation plans for gaps identified at health facilities. S/he will assist in identifying and supporting capacity development of facility staff, as well as conducting basic M&E activities to monitor care and treatment programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with CHMTs to coordinate program planning, implementation and monitoring of integrated care and treatment services, RCH/PMTCT activities, early infant diagnosis (EID), TB/HIV collaborative activities, as well as VMMC and CECAP activities at facility level and through outreach activities.
- Build the capacity of health care workers and facilities by performing regular supportive supervision, mentorship and technical assistance visits at HJFMRI supported Care and Treatment facilities in line with project objectives and MoHCDGEC guidelines and in cooperation with CHMTs and RHMTs.
- In collaboration with Regional Program Managers Coordinators, Outreach Program Officers and HJFMRI Medical and Outreach Advisors, develop and prepare action plans for gaps identified in the HIV/AIDS continuum of care during supportive supervision and oversee the implementation and follow up of said action plans
- Collaborate with facility and community HBC focal persons, as well as with HJFMRI outreach partners, to strengthen linkages of clients into care and treatment, PMTCT and EID
- Provide technical assistance on establishment and sustainability of facility QI teams.
- Effectively work with CHMTs and facility leads to agree on target distribution and ensure regular review of progress to targets and establish regular site level meetings for data review and service quality improvement.
- Work with the M&E team to ensure availability of M&E tools and their correct use for data recording and reporting
- In collaboration with Regional Program Coordinator assist districts in data collection and compilation, analysis and reporting to Government structures and HJFMRI in accordance with mandatory report requirements for both Government and HJFMRI
- Liaise with district pharmacist, district lab personnel and HJFMRI SCM advisor to support supply chain management services and HIV commodity managementthat ensure uninterrupted availability of HIV commodities at all levels within the districts. Provide technical assistance in monitoring and timely forecasting and ordering process at district and health facility level, as well as distribution and usage of HIV commodities by district councils and health facilities
- Monitor implementation of all activities in the partners’ approved work plans and budgets in the district.
- Review partners’ technical reports (activity reports and narrative reports) pertaining to the district assigned.
- Confirm the activities implemented by the respective district.
- Perform other duties as required
- Medical Degree is mandatory from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body in Tanzania; a postgraduate training in internal medicine or infectious diseases will be an added advantages.
- 2 years’ experience providing HIV/AIDS clinical care in Tanzania or previous experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment or research programs
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Basic Competency with Computer Applications [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Willingness to spend 75% of working hours traveling and working in rural areas of Mbeya, Ruvuma, Rukwa regions
Key personal competences:
- Self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Independent, yet still a team player
- Proven ability for data analysis and program management
- Dynamic, persuasive and convincing
- Good interpersonal Skills
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to email@example.com
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.