District Program Management Officers Jobs at Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) February, 2019
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) In Support of the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP)is an internatP)is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and conducting research studies and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming for over 30 years.
HJFMRI implements PEPFAR funded HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands, providing resources, personnel ans, personnel and services to the Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital in becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Southern Highlands zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, preventiol HIV, prevention, care and treatment services in Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Ruvuma and Songwe regions in the zone.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and community NGOs, HJFMRNGOs, HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in the five regions. Collee regions. Collectively, the zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past ten years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions remterventions remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
HJFMRI is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: District Program Management Officers (4 Positions)
Report To: Regional Clinical Coordinator
Work Location: Selected districts in Songwe, Katavi and Ruvuma
Under the supervision of the Regional Clinical Coordinator, the District Program Management Officer will guide and monitor the implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention; care and treatment activities supported through the HJFMRI and carried out in alignment with the current Tanzania MoHCDGEC guidelines in selected districts in Mbeya, Rukwa and Ruvuma.Songwe and Katavi regions of Tanzania. The District Program Management Officer will be stationed in the respective districts. The District Program Management Officer will take on responsibilities within the district in terms of providing regular supportive supervision and remediation plans for gaps identified at health facilities. S/he will assist in identifying and supporting capacity development of facility staff, as well as conducting basic M&E activities to monitor care and treatment programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with CHMTs to coordinate program planning, implementation and monitoring of integrated Adult and Pediatric care and treatment services, PMTCT services, early infant diagnosis (EID), TB/HIV collaborative activities, as well as VMMC and CECAP activities at facility level and through outreach activities
- Build the capacity of health care workers and facilities by performing regular supportive supervision, mentorship and technical assistance visits at HJFMRI supported Care and Treatment facilities in line with project objectives and MoHCDGEC guidelines and in cooperation with CHMTs and RHMTs
- In collaboration with Regional Program Managers and HJFMRI Medical and Outreach Advisors, develop and prepare action plans for gaps identified in the HIV/AIDS continuum of care during supportive supervision and oversee the implementation and follow up of said action plans
- Collaborate with facility and community HBC focal persons, as well as with HJFMRI outreach partners, to strengthen linkages of clients into care and treatment, PMTCT and EID
- In collaboration with Regional CQI provide technical assistance on establishment and sustainability of facility Ql teams
- In collaboration with district HJFMRI SI focal effectively work with , DMO office and facility leads to agree on target distribution and ensure regular review of progress to targets and establish regular site level meetings for data review and service quality improvement.
- Work with the M&E team to ensure availability of M&E tools and their correct use for data recording and reporting
- Work with CHMT and facilities to identify clinical, infrastructure and human resource needs for the quality implementation of HIV care and treatment services in the district.
- Monthly develop and timely submission of quality program implementation reports to the Regional Program Manager
- Provide an ongoing programmatic, management and financial oversight of funded ART activities required by the project at district level
- Review, and timely submission of medical partner programmatic reports required as per USG schedule
- In collaborations with Regional Program Manager assist districts in data collection and compilation, analysis and reporting to Government structures and HJFMRI in accordance with mandatory report requirements for both Government and HJFMRI
- Liaise with district pharmacist, district lab personnel and HJFMRI SCM advisor to support supply chain management services and HIV commodity management that ensure uninterrupted availability of HIV commodities at all levels within the districts. Provide technical assistance in monitoring and timely forecasting and ordering process at district and health facility level, as well as distribution and usage of HIV commodities by district councils and health facilities
- Perform other duties as required Qualifications:
- Medical Degree is mandatory from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body in Tanzania; postgraduate training in internal medicine or infectious diseases will be an added advantages.
- 2 years’ experience providing HIV/AIDS clinical care in Tanzania or previous experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment or research programs
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Basic Competency with Computer Applications [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Willingness to spend 75% of working hours traveling and working in rural areas of Mbeya, Songwe, Ruvuma, Rukwa and Katavi regions
Key personal competences:
- Self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Independent, yet still a team player
- Proven ability for data analysis and program management
- Dynamic, persuasive and convincing
- Good interpersonal Skills
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or transmitted by email to; email@example.com
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, hand delivery applications are not accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is February 21, 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed above should not submit applications.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org Before February 21, 2019.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer;
women are highly encouraged to apply.