DME Officer – at Search for Common Ground (SFCG) Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Search Tanzania seeks to recruit an experienced Design Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E) Officer to lead monitoring and evaluation efforts on its ongoing projects. The DM&E Officer will be responsible for ensuring that adequate monitoring and evaluation systems and tools are in place to measure results that our activities bring about, and the impact of our projects in the prevention of violent extremism in target areas. The DM&E Officer reports to the Area Manager. S/he will work closely with the Project Coordinator and with Search’s Institutional Learning Team (ILT), and will be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent travel to the other target areas of the projects.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement projects’ Monitoring and Evaluation Plans and data collection tools
- Guide and provide organizational support to baseline and endline evaluations of Search’s projects, the dissemination of their findings and the development of related action plans
- Conduct quarterly monitoring missions to collect M&E data, and share the findings with program staff
- Provide timely, quality support and coaching to program staff in M&E aspects
- Maintain a database to ensure all project outputs and results are accurately recorded and coordinated to inform project staff, and meet regularly with project staff to ensure that their data collection tools are being used appropriately
- Contribute to, identify and synthesize good practices and lessons learned to share as part of quarterly reflection meetings
- Ensure donor reports include strong M&E data showing progress towards our results, and produce regular written and oral reporting to the Area Manager and the Project Coordinator on project progress and key M&E issues
- Orient program staff with the collection of feedback and success stories as relevant
- Assist with creating an overall Knowledge Management strategy for Search’s projects
- Participate in and contribute towards “reflective practice” and internal evaluation processes
- Work with the Regional DM&E Specialist within ILT to provide additional tasks as needed
- Analyze data collected through program monitoring and share findings with key internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Support project design and proposal writing process within the country team, especially in developing project logic, theories of change, M&E section, and the logframe
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, conflict resolution, project management or related field.
- Knowledge of data analysis software (e.g. SAS, SPSS)
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in design, monitoring and evaluation methodologies
- At least two (2) years of field-based data collection and analysis experience
- Demonstrated technical capacity to provide support and guidance to project staff on design, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated technical capacity in the design, implementation, and analysis of various data collection tools including interviews, surveys, focus group discussions, and pre/post tests
- Extensive knowledge of logical framework and results framework and the ability to coach and train others in their use
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to conduct professional relationships
- Strong commitment to values in data based decision making, transparency, community empowerment, methodological rigor, and program learning
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality
- Able to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with a proactive approach
- Ability to multi-task and work to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English and in Kiswahili, both verbally and in writing
- Prior experience measuring behavioral change, prevention of radicalization and/or prevention of violent extremism initiatives
- Knowledge of participatory methods in M&E
- Experience working in conflict/fragile state environments
This position will remain open until filled.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items:
- current resume
- cover letter
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.