Table of Contents
ARE YOU AN EXPERT IN COMMUNICATIONS? CAN YOU BUILD POSITIVE AND IMPACTFUL RELATIONSHIPS WITH AN INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCE? COME WORK AT THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE!
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about communicating with international donors and sponsors? Do you love writing quality communications pieces? Can you build positive and impactful relationships with an international audience? Does it sound like we’re talking about you?
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students a free, quality education, 100’s of graduates’ access to higher education and 30,000+ Tanzanians quality teaching each year. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Skilled writer and communicator with exemplary written English skills
- Critical and creative thinker
- Collaborative and love working with a broad range of stakeholders, students, parents and community members
- High level of attention to detail and multitasking
- Working in a dynamic environment
What you’ll do
- Communicate with our international supporters about the progress of the school, it’s students and the wider community
- Work with all stakeholders of the school (students, staff, families and communities) to find interesting new stories to tell our international supporters.
- Help to develop fresh and creative communications strategies to keep our supporters engaged.
- Develop and undertake proposal and grant writing
- Assist in the production of videos and photos
- One day you might be interacting with our visitors, putting a face to the name you have been communicating with.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor Degree in Arts, Mass Communications, Marketing or any related field
- 3 to 4 years of experience in an NGO, communications, international customer service or related field
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Suite and experience in InDesign is favourable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/HO/ADMN/DRSR/01/23)
Applications close on 17th May 2023
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES IN JOB ADVERTISEMENTS AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS. THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE DOES NOT REQUEST PAYMENT AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING THE OFFER STAGE. ANY PAYMENT REQUESTS SHOULD BE REFUSED AND REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES FOR APPROPRIATE ACTION.