Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non Governmental and Non profit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO is currently implementing the EpiC Project in Shinyanga Municipal Council and Shinyanga District Council which is funded by USAID through FHI360 with the aim of address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
Office location: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Work station: Shinyanga MC & Shinyanga DC
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 12 Months / Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
- Oversee the design and roll-out of a DREAMS package of services for AGYW (may include Stepping Stones Curriculum, health service demand creation activities including HIV testing and counseling and linkage to care, creation of safe spaces, GBV screening, scale-up of adolescent-friendly health services, support for economic strengthening activities and roll-out of parenting curricula, etc.).
- Implement use of a vulnerability index to understand risks of AGYW; utilize mapping tools to understand HIV acquisition among AGYW.
- Lead efforts to strengthen quality of demand generation and service provision for AGYW.
- Ensure that project strategies and activities addressing youth are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the-art, globally recognized best practices; as well as aligned with GoT, PEPFAR and Epic standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Ensure that the project engages youth in all stages of the project to promote youth leadership and ensure that youth perspectives are taken into consideration.
- Promote integration across a range of services for youth to take a holistic, family-centered approach to improving their wellbeing.
- Ensure all youth-focused strategies are gender-sensitive and promote equitable programming.
- Liaise with GoT counterparts, service providers and stakeholders to ensure activities are well-coordinated with other national and regional programs.
- Work closely with the project M&E team to ensure regular updates of the DREAMS tracker and accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensure timely reporting and documentation of results from the DREAMS implementation in collaboration with M&E team with focus on accurate data for timely entry in the DAMES system.
- Foster collaboration with partners and district DREAMS coordination teams and local government authority.
- Strengthen referral and linkages between health facility and community service delivery points for AGYW and partners
- Engage in community Quality Improvement teams to support implementation of AGYW risk reduction plans in identified communities
- Participate in partner coordination in the district through monthly meetings and joint field activities
- Timely submit activity progress reports on monthly and quarterly basis to Program manager
- Document project success stories and case studies for sharing with a wider audience.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Youth Development, Health system with 3 years’ experience in provision of PEPFAR DREAMS services to AGYW at community level.
- Experience working with AGYW aged 15-24 years; familiarity with evidenced-based strategies for reducing their vulnerability and providing targeted services; familiarity with the PEPFAR DREAMS package of services.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national youth guidelines, standards and protocols. Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at multiple levels; experience working with GoT stakeholders.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of vulnerable youth.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literacy is highly required ie word, excel, internet, power point
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 2078, SHINYANGA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to email@example.com, via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Shinyanga, Ndembezi ward near Ngokolo RC church.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line.
Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be Friday 2nd October 2020, 17:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To learn more about Rafiki-SDO visit: www.rafikisdo.or.tz