|I. POSITION INFORMATION|
|Vacancy Notice Number||IOM/KSU/004/2021|
|Duty station||Kasulu, Tanzania|
|Type of Appointment & Durations||SST-6 Months with possibility of extension|
|Job family||Support Unit|
|Organizational unit||Resource Management Unit|
|Position rated on||N/A|
|Reports directly to||Procurement & Logistics Officer|
|Overall supervision by||Head of Sub Office Kasulu|
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
|Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office in Kasulu and the direct supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for driving vehicles to transport persons and goods authorized by IOM, from one destination to another as scheduled in safe and cost-effective manner. The incumbent will perform the following essential functions:|
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Drive IOM assigned vehicle(s).
2. Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
3. Perform the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, battery, and ensuring the cleanliness of the vehicle.
4. Make weekly reports on vehicle status and share with the Supervisor. Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that require immediate attention to the Supervisor. Assist the Supervisor in planning and control of (regular) services.
5. Dispatch and collection of official documents and mail.
6. Complete Communication Equipment Checklists i.e. radio, cell phone, walkie/talkie, other equipment.
7. In case of accident, ensure supervisors are informed and a police report is obtained.
8. Ensure proper authorized use of IOM vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs and report to supervisor if unauthorized incidents/use took place
|9. Check daily status and availability of spares jack and tools and perform minor repairs to the vehicle, change tires, refuel the vehicle as required and ensure cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
10. Ensure that, the IOM vehicle(s) are only used for official/authorized business and report to supervisor if unauthorized incident (s) took place
11. Return keys for safeguarding at the end of the shift or hand over to the next driver.
12. Prepare monthly and annual fuel reports, maintenance reports and personal mileages reports for IOM vehicles in Kigoma and verify that IOM cars are used for official trips only.
13. May be required to work night/weekend shifts and on a regular basis 14. Perform other duties as may be required by Supervisor.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Secondary School Diploma, Minimum 2 (Two) Years of experience
• Must possess valid driving license for driving Public Service Vehicles
• Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs
|• Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations|
(specify the required knowledge)
|Fluency in both written and spoken, English and Kiswahili||English and Kiswahili|
|The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
|• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines
• Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Managing and sharing knowledge
• Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them
• Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement Communication
• Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
|• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
|1ST LEVEL SUPERVISOR DATE
2ND LEVEL SUPERVISOR DATE
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]
The vacancies are opened for both Internal and External Candidates.
Only e-mail applications will be considered.
Competencies and respective levels should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.
“All the vacancies announced by IOM Tanzania are completely free and candidates are not at any point requested to pay a fee for applying or during the recruitment process’’