DUTY STATION: NGARAMTONI YA CHINI, ARUSHA
Maternity Africa is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping women by making child birth safe. We support local communities by providing information to keep mothers and babies healthy, as well as excellent medical care and training to ensure safer deliveries. We also treat birth-induced injury such as obstetric fistula.
The job purpose is to provide and maintain a caring environment for non-emergency patients and provide transport services as appropriate for the needs of the patients and other transfers as required by the operational activities of the organisation.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a professional and caring service for all patients whilst in the care of Medical Services
- To ensure that at all times patient safety remains paramount and that safe systems of work are adhered to regarding wheel chairs, clamps, seat belts etc.
- At all times follow Organisational Standing Operational Procedures for the collection, transport and handover of patients.
- Keeping the interior and exterior of the vehicle in a clean and tidy state.
- Carry out risk assessments to assess hazards, then implement safe systems of work and reduce risks to yourself, patients and other persons involved.
- Complete a vehicle check before every duty including the working order of the vehicle.
- Report defects and deficiencies of the vehicle and equipment, and replace all items of vehicle inventory used.
- Providing social care in non-emergency situations.
- To maintain the vehicle and equipment in accordance with the organisations infection control policy.
- Ensure a vehicle accident pack is kept on board the vehicle at all times and report any vehicle damage in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- It is of primary importance that the speed limit is adhered to in all cases, and that driving is safe and the patient is comfortable.
Qualifications and Requirement
- Must have at least O-level (Secondary Level) education.
- Relevant driving qualifications from National Institute of Transportation (NIT).
- Must have Motor Vehicle Mechanics training and experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, with a caring and polite manner
- Must have a valid Tanzanian driving licence
- 2+ relevant working experience
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages) and Professional Certificates to [email protected]. Applications should be sent by 6th February, 2022. If you do not hear from us within a week from the closing dates please consider your application unsuccessful.