Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017 – 2021). In line with this expansion, the Company is also making some reforms in Motor Transport Management unit to accommodate the business needs. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions (Previous applicants need not to re-apply): –
DRIVER GRADE II (5 POSTS)
Location – Dar es Salaam (1 Post), Arusha (1 Post), Mwanza (1 Post) & Zanzibar (2 Posts)
(Applicants must clearly indicate preferred location in their application letters)
The following are the qualifications for aspired candidates: –
- Must have Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with Class E or Cl driving licence.
- Must have attended an Advanced Driving Certificate Grade Two or Certificate of Competency (PSV) or equivalent, from VETA/National Institute of Transport or any other recognized institution.
- Must have a working experience of at least two (2) years.
- Possession of Trade Test or a Basic Mechanics Certificate will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To drive staff to approved destinations in accordance with traffic regulations.
- To drive vehicles due for routine maintenance / repair to the appointed service agents.
- To undertake minor mechanical repairs.
- To maintain log books and records all movements as instructed.
- To make pre-inspection to the assigned vehicles prior travelling and report mechanical damages / defects
- To verify safety and cleanliness of vehicles at all times.
- To verify that valid documents and permits are acquired prior commencement of any journey.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Five (5) years contract and attractive remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates and licenses. (Tanzanian applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities, i.e. Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council (NECTA)
- Two recent passport size photographs,
- Names and addresses of at least two reachable referees,
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
Note: – Misrepresentation of facts and qualifications during application shall warrant legal consequences.
- Applicants who have already applied the previous Vacancy Announcement are advised not to re-apply.
- Internship training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant working experience.
- For DRIVER GRADE II post, the applicants must indicate one preferred LOCATION in the application letter.
Application letters should reach the undersigned within 7 working days from the first date of this announcement:
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is September 17, 2020