Post Number : 6TZFSC0713RP
Grade : G-2
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Dar-es-Salaam
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 23-JAN-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only nationals of Tanzania may apply for this post
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the authority of the Head of UNESCO Dar es Salaam Office, and the direct supervision the direct supervision the Finance and Administrative Officer, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work to the Head of the Office and high-ranking UN officials and visitors, and coordinates routes and schedules work of other drivers.
The incumbent of the post will undertake the following responsibilities:
• Ensure provision of reliable and safe driving services by: Driving office vehicles for the transport of UNESCO Personnel and other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items; Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
• Ensure cost-effectiveness in the use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
• Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
• Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Head of Office
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
• Secondary Education
• Completed national valid Driver’s license and valid defensive driving certificate.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience as a driver in international organizations, embassies or UN system with a safe driving record.
Skills and competencies
• Good knowledge of driving rules and local traffic regulations is essential,
• Ability to diagnose any technical error/ faults may occur in vehicles,
• Ability to provide daily maintenance for the vehicles,
• Ability to fix minor technical faults,
• Familiarity with relevant Power Spectral Density (PSD) communication equipment, computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point),
• Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the Office is located,
• Proven knowledge of driving rules and regulations as chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions.
• Excellent/very good knowledge of English.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website and UNESCO’s career website.
An assessment exercise may be used in the evaluation of candidates.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution (last update) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.