EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade, and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat.
Organ: EAC Secretariat
Office: Directorate of Human Resources and Administration
Job reports to: Principal Administrative Officer
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job :
Coordinate, administer and enforce in liaison with EAC management security issues within the Community by ensuring that the EAC visitors, delegates, assets and property are secure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and administer security duties within EAC.
- Put in place preventive measures and deal expeditiously with security breaches that may occur by liaising with host country police and security systems.
- Advises EAC management on security Issues within EAC premises
- Allocate / assign duties to security
- Protect the organization assets and ensure preventive measures are taken avoid security breaches.
- Provide escort and security protection to Executives, VIPs and
- Investigate criminal cases, collects intelligence and report to the relevant
- Coordinated investigation of security related misconduct by staff contrary to the EAC Rules and Regulations, and report to management for action.
- Coordinate investigations of accidents Involving Community
- Provide emergency response services within and outside the premises to EAC staff at all times.
- Facilitate security clearance procedures relevant to accreditation of delegates attending
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Should possess a Bachelor’s (Honors) degree from a recognized University / Institution, plus training at Officer level in the Police, Military, Prisons or Immigration Service at the rank of Inspector of Police or its equivalent in other security services.
- A Minimum 5 years experience in security management, investigations and or command position, in public national, regional or international organization.
Skills and Competencies:
Must have good investigative, analytical, directing, communication skills, public relations, observation, situation assessment, and conflict resolution skills. Certification In security electronics e.g. CCTV Access Control, Sound, Burglary and fire equipment will be an added advantage
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.