EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade, and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and the United Republic of Tanzania) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community Legislative Assembly.
Organ: East African Legislative Assembly
Reports to: Clerk
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Hansard Editor is the overall in charge of the Hansard department who will control and manage the department for effective and efficient discharge of producing accurate and timely Official Report (Hansard) of the proceedings of the East African Legislative Assembly and of the Committees. He/she is responsible for the entire report production process from Recording of the proceedings to Editorial, printing, publishing, Publication and Reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement departmental strategies, programmes, policies and procedures for the department.
- Identify departmental activities for funding, prepare budget proposals and make work plans for the department.
- Produce accurate and timely Official Report of the Assembly in Plenary and that of Committees, recorded in audio format.
- Transcribe audio recordings using a word processing programme.
- Disseminate reports to designated recipients by printing and distributing hard copies and publishing the Reports on the web.
- Provide technical support to staff of EALA outside plenary and Members of the Assembly in the areas of research, documentation and dissemination of information.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication; Linguistics or a related field and a Master’s Degree or equivalent in the related field;
- A minimum eight (8)years’ experience in a Court or Parliamentary environment three (3) of which should be senior level.
Skills and Competencies :
Good command of the English language, Good understanding of parliamentary rules of procedure, high typing speed, good interpersonal skills, good conceptual, analytical andreport writing skills. S/He should be computer literate.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.