The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
To apply for this position please go to NRC website at www.nrc.no and follow the “VACANCIES” link.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
1. Ensure compliance with NRC (global and national) policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines and/or propose new initiatives to bridge gaps and implement these.
2. Develops systems and SOP’s and makes sure they are implemented accordingly.
3. Identify, analyse and evaluate key processes and gaps in the team activities and make recommendations for improvement.
4. Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and/or other stakeholders.
5. Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
6. Ensure that the Education department has up to date, accurate data and analyse such data appropriately to the needs of the department
7. Implement delegated Education project portfolio according to plan of action (according to strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements)
8. Prepare monthly activity/project reports and other reporting as required
9. Coordinate with relevant partners within the Education sector, other CCs within NRC and represent NRC at relevant meetings.
10. Support the implementation of NRC’s Education programme policy through working with programme management.
11. Provide expertise by reviewing education training contents, coordination with partners, delivering of training, and monitoring and evaluation;
12. Support the training, capacity building and mentoring of staff and awareness raising of stakeholders on improved education activities.
13. Identify gaps and line manage any additional field-based education staff to ensure support to programme management on specific programme initiatives and staff mentoring.
14. Convene regular meetings to ensure quality programing.
15. Develop strong working relationships at Kibondo and field level with external education actors.
16. Represent NRC at the field level in education coordination meetings.
17. Coordinate, lead on Education/Youth assessments and contribute to evidence based programming.
18. To undertake any additional duties determined by the Education Manager or Area Manager.
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Experience in coordination and liaising with external actors
• Ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines
• Ability to work independently and proactively with limited daily support and supervision
• A relevant University degree in Education, Social Science, or related subject will be considered. A master degree is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience in working in education in NGO field including solid knowledge of humanitarian principles and standards.
- College / University, Master / Phd grade
• Experience in coordinating, delivering training and awareness raising education programs in humanitarian/recovery contexts.
• Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected