Overall the successful candidate will support the education section in the implementation of inclusive basic education activities in consultation with the Chief of Education and Education Specialist in Dar Es Salaam Office. The UNV will have the following specific tasks:
- Participate in dialogue meeting with implementing partners (both government and non-government partners).
- Coordinate working arrangements in strengthening the out of school children pro-gramme including the sector-wide coordination of educational issues
- Provide both technical and financial support at the decentralized level working’ closely with PORALG and LGAs
- Manage and monitor DCTs for both central government and PORALG
- Support day to day follow up of the implementation of IPOSA, digital learning and adolescent programming.
- Participate in report review and resources mobilization including writing of fundable research proposals
- Spot challenges facing various implementation units at MOEST and PORALG and propose solutions.
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation within the section and preparation of various implementation reports including quarterly and annual progress reports.
Two (2) years progressively, responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in programme planning and management in related field with em-phasis on Education, Education in Emergencies and integrated early childhood devel-opment programmes
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Understanding of national and international targets (SDGs) and Tanzania Educa-tion system
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with County Level Government
- Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work and projects.
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions and to work as a team under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmoni-ous and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
- Ability to work at sub-nationals and community levels especially
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 March 2021