The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
To apply for this position please go to NRC website at www.nrc.no and follow the “VACANCIES” link.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
1. Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Ensure that the Education department has up to date, accurate data and analyse such data appropriately to the needs of the department
3. Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
4. Implement delegated Education project portfolio according to plan of action (according to strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements)
5. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
6. Ensure proper filing of documents
7. Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
8. Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
9. Coordinate with relevant partners within the Education sector and represent NRC at relevant meetings
10. Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
11. Provide expertise within the Teacher Training program, by defining training contents, coordination with partners, delivering of training, and monitoring and evaluation;
12. Contribute to comprehensive education assessment for potential new education activities or in new locations;
13. Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
14. Ensure that procurement and distribution of education materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
15. Supervise, train and develop field teams
16. Use collected data effectively to continuously monitor and evaluate the performance of all NRC Educational activities
17. Develop plans for improved education activities on the basis of previous evaluations
18. To undertake any additional duties determined by the Education Coordinator
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Experience in coordination and liaising with external actors
• Ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines
• Ability to work independently and proactively with limited daily support and supervision
• A relevant University degree in Education, Social Science, or related subject will be considered. A master degree is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience in working in education in NGO field including solid knowledge of humanitarian principles and standards.
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in coordinating, delivering training and awareness raising education programs in humanitarian/recovery contexts.
• Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected