Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Electrical Superintendent to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and the overall position objective of this role is to ensure a safe working environment for all electrical personnel and provided supervision along with oversight that all electrical work undertaken and maintenance is completed to best industry practice
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- The electrical superintendent will be expected to take and active roll in all planning, schedule, and execution of electrical work in and around the underground operation.
- Required in assisting other electrical projects around the process and paste plants.
- Review, monitoring and maintenance of all electrical records and service documentation to ensure compliance with industry standard.
- Ensure immediate action taken in the event of equipment down time to minimize impact or downtime to the operation.
- Ability to work closely with maintenance department to schedule and carry out planned maintenance.
- Strong understand of electrical consumables and monitoring levels to ensure maintenance of critical supply while conforming to project budgets.
- Effectively manage the execution of planned works to align with forecast maintenance schedule.
- Ensure all work planned or unplanned is followed up to make sure work carried out is of a high quality and standard.
- Review and monitoring of expenditure from electrical departments and ensure it aligns with operational budget.
- Electrical Trade (A Grade Licence Certification or Equivalent)
- High Voltage Switching Operator certificate. (Highly regarded)
- Previous experience in senior electrical maintenance roles in underground mechanised mining environment with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of dealing with culturally diverse groups and skilled in utilizing appropriate means to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
- Highly experienced in all areas of electrical maintenance inclusive of 540v, 1000v, and 11kv associated with mechanized mining.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical maintenance methods, operations and procedures and proven experience providing a safe working environment for all electrical maintenance personnel.
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment and other assets are maintained to high level of availability, and in accordance with company policies at all times. The ability to prioritize repairs and take instruction in order to reduce downtime and delays is foremost in maximizing machine availability and operator utilization.
- High level understanding of electrical reticulation, planning and execution.
- The ability to comprehend OEM manuals, diagrams and drawings is essential in performance of this role.
- Proven experience managing and training a team of maintenance personnel to high standards.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ ELECTRICAL SUPERINTENDENT “ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28th August 2020