ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN II – 15 POST
Employer: Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA)
Date Published: 2019-04-13
Application Deadline: 2019-04-26
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(i)To undertake daily inspection of all airport facilities so as to determine need for service or maintenance,
(ii)To carry out preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis on plant and equipment so as to minimize breakdowns and maintenance costs,
(iii)Carry out maintenance of airport equipment and buildings in accordance with preventive maintenance schedules/programs,
(iv)To liaise with supervisor for modifications, improvements, installations and commissioning work,
(v)Assist the engineers and technicians and work as per their instructions and apply engineering solutions in order to solve technical problems and ensure compatibility, safety of system and reporting technical problems to engineers,
(vi)To maintain awareness and compliance with technical, safety health environment (SHE), standards, regulations and procedures.
(vii)To liaise with other airport users interested in making alterations or additions to existing structures,
(viii)To collect data for planning, maintain and update records whenever necessary,
(ix)Maintain a high standard of proficiency in own skill areas and,
(x)To perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Holder of a Diploma (NTA 6) in Civil, Building, Electrical, Electro mechanical/Mechanical, Electronics and Telecommunications or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in respective fields. The candidate must be computer literate.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale TAA Scheme of service
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except those who are in public service; ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate. v. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers; vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
xii. A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to;
Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
8 Kivukoni Road,
P.O. Box 63100, 11102
Dar Es Salaam.
xiii. Deadline for application is 26th April, 2019 and;
xiv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action; NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT