Emergency Response Officers
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Officer 2 – Emergency Response Officers
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Superintendent – Emergency Response
Number of Positions: Four (4)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide support to ensure the operation of the Geita Gold Mine is not adversely impacted by emergency issues. To be responsible for maintaining emergency response program on Geita Gold Mine site to a standard that is compatible with international practice and undertaken in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination or above
- Certificate in Emergency response issued by accredited authority will be an added advantage] • Driving skills with Tanzanian Driving licence class C & E
- Minimum of two years in mining operation open and underground rescue field.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Comply with statutory requirement based on Emergency response activities
- Attend, corporate fully to all organized Training with his subordinate, Rescues team members, mine employees including contractors on site
- Serve as a member of the mine rescue team on site and always show commitment. • Participate on fire and evacuation drills for GGM & contractors on site
- Conduct equipment inspection and manage safe storage and readiness.
- Maintain rescue equipment prior, during and after any use and make sure all arranged and ready for the next use
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Inspection of emergency equipment, which include but not limited to Fire extinguishers, fire pumps, watercarts, fire panel.
- Servicing of fire detection system on Monthly/Quarterly basis
- Servicing of fire extinguishers according to site standards
- Inspection of rescues equipment and updates registers on regular basis
- Service detection systems and fire panel
- Comply with site critical controls standards as per requirement
- Abide with ERT objectives and targets given by Management
- Attend all emergencies that may arise on site.
- Site wide Fire extinguisher and hydrants monthly inspection
- Weekly fire pump compliance
- Quarterly evacuation drills execution
- Emergency equipment general inspection
- Aerodrome operation compliancy
- Firefighting skills
- Rope rescue skills
- HAZMAT knowledge
- SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- Confine space
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Officer 2 – Emergency Response”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. • Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 26th October 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid 19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position.