Overview: Enablement Officer 3 posts
As our Enablement Officer, you will directly report to the Partnership Coordinator in conjunction with the Operation Coordinator and team of Field Officers. You will support Agricycle’s MFI partnership relations by developing and maintaining strong and effective communication materials for the implementation and promotion of Agricycle’s goals and objectives of transforming food waste into opportunity. You will also have the opportunity to co-lead negotiations with medium and small institutions to partner with Agricycle’s in funding the microprocessors and smallholder farmers
- Establish and implement Agricycle enablement strategies
- Research, prospect and pre-qualify partners for funding opportunities.
- Building on relationships with institutional supporters of smallholders to access funding opportunities
- Support smallholders in accessing microfinance loans to afford dehydrators and other equipment.
- Train Field Officers to effectively communicate Agricycle’s model to prospect partners.
- Ensure staff understand importance of partnerships strategy and their involvement in implementation
- Establish partnerships between Agricycle and national development partners
- Develop and manage MOUs as arise from partnerships
- Maintains a database of information relating to partners
- Work closely with all departments to gather insight and information on partnership relations.
- Any additional reasonable responsibilities provided by the supervising team.
Ideal candidates are:
- Highly creative with a hunger for innovation and are natural-born problem solvers.
- Motivated by a passion to make the world a better place and love to take on challenges.
- Servant leaders who help to build the team and take on whatever role is necessary.
- Eager to learn and thrive in the fast-paced “fail fast, fail often” startup culture we embody.
- Collaborative in a highly diverse and global team and can work independently when remote.
- Critical and strategic thinkers with strong decision-making skills.
- Empathetic and patient, knowing no task is below them.
- Strong team players, knowing teamwork is necessary and that each role supports the other.
- Proven track record of at least 3 years in successfully managing inter-institutional relations, preferably in the development field
- University degree in Business Administration,Marketing, Economics, Development Studies or other related fields
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy, strong work ethic and unimpeachable integrity.
- Readiness and ability to regularly perform under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Readiness to travel anywhere in East Africa under short notices and occasionally work odd hours.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications, especially: gmail and spreadsheets.
Send all applications through https://jobs.wrkhq.com/agricycle by 5th November 2021 at 5pm EAT. Attach the following as one combined PDF: a) cover letter addressed to the Director of East Africa; b) CV with three reachable referees; and c) academic and other qualification documents. Clearly state the position you are applying for in your letter. Agricycle does not charge for applications or interviews.