Enterprise Director at Airtel Tanzania
ABOUT AIRTEL AFRICA LIMITED
Airtel Africa Limited is a pan-African telecommunications company with operations in 14 countries across Africa. Airtel Africa is driven by the vision of providing affordable and innovative mobile services to all and is supported in pursuing this vision by its largest shareholder, Bharti Airtel. Its product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless voice and data services and mobile commerce through ‘Airtel Money’. Airtel Africa had over 97 million customers across its operations at the end of December 2018.
To oversee the conceptualisation, strategy, planning, channel management, development and implementation of Sales function for the enterprise business unit. To effectively manage all existing business market segments within the OpCo: Small & Medium Businesses (SMB), Coporates & Multinationals (MNC) & Public Sector (NGOs, Diplomatic Missions and all government parastatals) and maximize sales results and profitability of all channels: Direct Sales & channels, Indirect Sales & channels and Alternative Sales & Channels.
Ensure wide spread distribution and availability of products of all products in the OpCo market, via effective channel management & partnerships.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develops and implement business plans and sales strategy for the market and ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Foster and build good customer relationships for revenue growth and customer retention. Engage customers up to CXO level; Build senior level relationships in assigned accounts and expertise within the market
- Provide sales leadership to the enterprise team by mentoring, motivating, encouraging, and delivering results; Responsible for building and growing the sales team; Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs
- Understand and identify customer’s ICT/telecommunication needs through in-depth account planning and profiling.
- Understand and appreciate market trends, competitors’ movement and industry information so as to serve customers better.
- Sets objectives of the team according to the company strategy, and assures their achievements.
- Ensure the development and increase the performance of people in accordance with Airtel policy, standards and procedures of the Indirect and Direct Channel in order to obtain optimum performance from all team members (Sector Manager, product and brand Manager, Corporate Manager).
- Assess the sales force performance (quantitative & qualitative) in accordance with the assessment system performance of Airtel OpCo
- To identify talents within direct & indirect channels.
- To set and follow specific incentive programs
- To make proposals regarding bonus scheme grid for the sub department and to follow and analyze the effect of such policies in order to intervene in case of discrepancies
- Monthly & Quarterly business plan
- Regional and Sector strategy (mobile, Voice, Broadband and Data)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in Business, Marketing or other relevant field (or equivalent)
at least 15 years experience
Minimum 6 years management experience
- Other Desirable qualifications:
- Masters of Business Administration
- Membership in related professional organizations like CIM
- Certifications accreditation in relevant areas
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Telecommunication / ICT industries and good understanding of these services and solutions marketing are preferred
- Telecom or mobile experience- highly desirable
- Start Up or Re-Structuring Experience preferred
- Experience of operational sales, distribution and customer service functions
- Proven track record in sales & marketing of quota achievement
- Understanding of the industry sector and key customers in that sector inclusive of related strategies and business challenges
- Sales & marketing management experience