Position Title: ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER (1 POST)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Environmental officer is accountable for assisting Environment Superintendent running environmental functions within the Shanta Mining Co. Ltd; ensures that environmental policies are well implemented, and environmental campaigns are effective, evaluating, planning and implementing environmental issues.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
- Environmental Officer has the following accountabilities and authorities:
- Execute developed environmental management plans, programs, and strategies on site.
- Plan environmental projects and provide reports on status and outcomes.
- Prepare written reports as required, briefs for projects and or services, and strategies, policies, and management plans.
- Assist in the coordination of field personnel to ensure works are completed to specified standards.
- Provide technical input into the development of environmental policies, guidelines, and procedures for the SMCL.
- Conduct the environmental incident reporting & incident investigation program.
- Oversee contractors and consultants as per the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Ensure monitoring programs of air quality, water quality, noise & vibration, meteorological, soil and biodiversity are maintained and undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitate the dissemination of information and training of environmental management aspects for all employees.
- Provide input to Environment Superintendent into the development of environmental quality standards, guidelines, objectives, policies, procedures and/or legislation.
- Carryout inspections, conduct investigations, resolve conflict, and take appropriate action.
- Conduct monitoring projects in support of studies, programs, and the development of guidelines and standards.
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Science/Environment is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2- 3 years working experience in environmental management role in a large-scale operation preferably in the mining and extractive industry.
- Experience in the application of EHS management systems.
Must have knowledge of:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tanzanian and international regulatory framework for environmental management in general.
- Knowledge on ISO 14001 EMS implementation process
- Audit/EMS management systems
- NEMC registrations for Audit and EIA
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) to:
HR Director, Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408,
Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 February, 2021