Kllombero Sugar Company Limited, the largest producer of sugar in Tanzania operating cohesively with lllovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of lllovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer), Is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result oriented person to fill a vacancy of
Estate Agriculture Head
The key objective of the Estate Agriculture Head is to develop country’s Estate
Agriculture strategy with a view towards long-term growth, development and sustainability, Ensure Estate Agriculture Is managed within budget and achieve cost synergies, Adopt and embed the “lllovo Way In Agriculture” to ensure lllovo Is the best In class sugar producer In the country, Optimize Estate Agriculture performance by holding the function accountable to the highest standards of asset management, cane quality (production) and farming productivity, whilst meeting the required cane crop volume at the optimal cost, Ensure the Estate Agriculture function fully leverages available support from the lllovo group (HO and other countries), Ensure talent and performance management Is best In class across the Agricultural function, Develop and performances manage a highly effective functioning team, Provide technical support to the Grower Agriculture function where required, Promote a culture of continuous Improvement across Estates, Collaborate with Group and champion and guide Implementation of relevant lllovo Ways and related standards In-Country and provide strategic leadership and guidance, Adhere to safety standards and promote world class safety practices
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Develop Estate Agriculture strategy and long term yield forecasts; ensure that appropriate processes are run to refresh strategy at appropriate Intervals and that Initiatives are In place to deliver on the strategy
- Develop annual agriculture operations plan for crop establishment, husbandry and removal, Including Innovation and new technology adoption and Implementation which complies with conservation legislation and sustainable agriculture requirements
- Build a strong leadership team and talent pipeline for Estate Agriculture through ongoing coaching, mentoring and guidance
- Drive rigorous performance management, biased towards rewarding strong performance and compliance with critical behaviours, and Including managing consequences where required
- Drive operational excellence across agriculture by making informed tradeoffs and driving Initiatives that will deliver greatest possible yields at optimal cost and quality levels
- Ensure adoption of group minimum standards and processes for Crop Production, Agronomy, Engineering, Harvesting and Haulage.
- Oversee provision of technical expertise to Grower Agriculture
- Drive synergies with the group, effectively partnering with group counterparts to Identify, share and embed opportunities for optimisation
- Oversee relationships with key stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers
- Report on Estate Agriculture performance and key adverse or positive developments to Country Executive and Group Agriculture
- Initiate and develop the business case for key capital projects In Agriculture, ensuring required outcomes are delivered on
- Manage and coordinate sharing of Identified best practices, frameworks and minimum standards within function through Head Office platform, and provide additional opportunities for problem Identification and knowledge sharing
- Oversee effective talent and performance management within function
- Promote and adhere to lllovo SHERQ procedure, policy and guidelines
- Ensure enablers are In place to promote success (e .g. systems and processes)
- Identify and monitor KPls to track performance and flag any Issues
- Promote and adhere to lllovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, Including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti- Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree In Agriculture I Agricultural Engineering I Agricultural development
- 10 years’ experience In sugar cane agriculture, at least 5 years In a senior agricultural operations position responsible for greater than 3,000 ha
- Proven track record of effectively developing and Implementing strategies through managing budgets, people and resources to meet business KPls
- Good business acumen and agricultural expertise, with ability to anticipate, Interpret and respond to changes Impacting on functional area
- A formal buslness/commerclal qualification would be an advantage
- Strong agriculture data analysis skills.
TERMS OF SERVICE: The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent contract.
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position , should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae and three referees with their contacts to the under mentioned addressee not later than two weeks after appearance of this advert.
APPLY TO: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
NB: The position is open for internal and external candidates to apply.
Deadline for applications is 11 November, 2020.