Duty Station: Moshono Business Office, Arusha, Tanzania (travel between campuses is required).
Reporting To: The Academic Manager
The School of St Jude is an educational institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha and supports hundreds of graduates through higher education.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients.
- Prepare internal and external documents for team members in consultation with the Academic Manager.
- Schedule meetings and appointments. Ability to manage and prioritise these on behalf of the Academic Manager.
- Receive and return all HR and purchasing documents requiring signature.
- Maintain an organised filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and our stakeholders (including visitors, parents, students and government officials).
- Proficient in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Acting as a first point of contact in dealing with correspondence and phone calls.
- Manage diaries and organise meetings, appointments, and often controlling access to the Academic Manager.
- Organise events and conferences.
- Remind the Academic Manager of important tasks and deadlines.
- Type, compile and prepare reports, presentations and correspondence in both English and Kiswahili.
- Miscellaneous tasks to support the Academic Manager, which will vary from time to time.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the department’s procedure and submit to your supervisor for approval.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department, Manager and Deputy Director and the Employer.
Qualification, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum Diploma in Business Administration or Advanced Secretarial Management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Personal Assistant or Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- Must have experience with the Tanzanian education system.
- Added advantage:
o Typing speed and accuracy (50WPS)
o Experience in Modern Educational Institutions
o Passion to work with Children
- Exceptional writing, reading, verbal and communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm- specific programs and software
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail is crucial.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly, professional and mature demeanour.
- Expected to appear in professional attire.
- Discretion and trustworthiness, as you will often be party to confidential information.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative to develop new processes or procedures that would improve the effectiveness or efficient of the work.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Strong organisational, staff management and problem-solving skills with impeccable ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to work in an English Medium Environment and Educational Institution.
- Ability to work independently and take instruction.
How To Apply
- Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to [email protected] Applications should be sent by 28th February 2020. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Child Protection Policy WE ABIDE BY A STRICT CHILD PROTECTION POLICY AND DO NOT TOLERATE ANY ABUSE!