Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company with a market share of 25%. SBL is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Ltd (EABL) – which is in turn partly owned by one of the world’s biggest alcoholic beverage companies, Diageo. The company is an integrated demand/supply business with 3 operational breweries in Dar Es Salaam, Mwanza, and a third one in Moshi, which is situated in the northern part of the country near the Kenyan border. SBL’s flagship brand is Serengeti Premium lager, which accounts for 50% of SBL sales volumes. The other beer brands are Tusker, Guinness, Tusker Malt, Kick and Pilsner.
Purpose Of Role
To provide support to the Managing Director (MD) in the day to day management of their business, this encompasses both administrative and organizational tasks. In addition overseeing the main reception and coordination of all travel & hotel accommodation related requests.
- Co-ordinating information and business flows as necessary.
- Arrangement, coordination and management of the MD’s office facilities
- Manage accessibility to MD’s complex diary – set up relevant arrangements (e.g. meeting room, notifications, bookings, material, etc).
- Organize and arrange travel itineraries of MD’s, local and overseas, coordinating with counterparts in other locations.
- Organize conferences, workshops and events at both a Domestic and International level
- Organize complex meetings and telephone/video conferences domestic and international, taking into account different time zones
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with key external/internal customers and build cross-functional network within own peer group
- Ensure fluid communication is maintained with MD at all times especially when travelling.
- Deal with all queries and forwarding to relevant departments when necessary.
- Mailing- receiving, sending & distribution
- Switchboard – receiving & making calls
- Meeting Rooms Management – booking & tidiness
- Coordinating travel desk
Qualifications and Experience Required: Qualifications:
- Certificate in Secretarial / Office Management
- Secondary school is a prerequisite; A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is highly preferable
- At least 2 years experience in the same role in a large organization
- Experience with using Microsoft packages, Word, Power Point
- Ability to work independently, excellent time management,
- Organized and able to set priorities
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information