Executive Chef – East Africa Camps Company Location Tanzania
East Africa Camps is pleased to announce the position for practices for;
• Hospitality management trainee
• Executive chef trainee
• Achieve customer happiness by their expectations
• Train a team of dedicated professionals to follow the proposed program.
Current situation: EAC is a Tanzanian based company that provides high and accommodation services on some of the bases wilderness, location of Africa at affordable prices. On the continuous search for improvement we have to developed a year round training program with the aim that our team will elevate our standards in order to meet the expectation of the XXI century clients.
Most of Tanzanian hospitality training schools have been using the same curriculum since the beginning of the eighties, which translates on an outdated approach to the dynamic world of tourism. Most of the practices of the graduates are done on big hotel corporation of +100 rooms that does not much the growing tendency of Tanzanian tourism policy of “High value, low impact”. This makes that train updates/refreshment relay on the private sector, with the leading tourism companies hiring the training teams from abroad, main South Africa and doing intense short training courses, that prove to be non-effective due to the lack of continuity on a short/medium based period.
The British inspired culinary outdated panorama and ineffective training of the highly motivated professional. Being all most half of the client of Mediterranean origin, and being their diet consider universally as the healthiest and by most the easiest we aim to combine the best of both world, they know how of the best existing gastronomy with the amazing and unique organic local ingredients and the highly motivated and creative local inhabitants.
It is our aim to train a new generation of talented cooks by providing a bridge with the latest trends of cooking schools
The needed profile:
• Highly motivated cook willing to be part of an appealing training program on some of the most dramatic locations on the world
• English is mandatory /unless candidate speak Kiswahili
• Personal organization
• Interpersonal skills
• International experience will be valuable/although not mandatory
• Develop a three days Mediterranean inspired menu (food costing, list etc.) each one of 10 rooms
• Training and motivating the staff(cooks, assistant cook and waiters)on how to plan, prepare and deliver the menu proposed
• Improving the existing procedure of purchase, stocking, storage and create and implement new approach if needed
• Establish and implement patterns of service quality and hygiene standards
• Train waiters on basic barman skills(how to prepare the five most common cocktails) and selling skills
Candidates willing to take part on this life changing experience will have to know and accept that you will be:
• Living most of your time inside national parks and on a private island in the remote lake victoria
• Sleeping on a tent, local accommodation, tented camps, and shared accommodation, most of the time on wildlife place where wild animals such as hyenas, buffalos, lion, elephant etc. will warm freely. No fences!!
• Travelling between the properties on bad roads, sometimes using public non reliable transports.
• Practicing under difficult condition such as high and low temperatures.
• Managing unpredictable situations (delivery truck of food delaying two days, elephant eating the veggies etc).
• Having cultural gap (sometimes abysm!) with your teams.
If you understand all above and believe that this opportunity is made for you than you should apply to xxx with your resume and a hand written motivation letter.
Period: Program will run all year round on cycles of three-month period.
-Will develop their practices on site with cooks, cook assistant, waiters and camp managers will report to Operation team at headquarters.
After 3 month of practice period you should have achieved to:
• train 3 team accordingly with the program
• Pass your inputs to the new trainee that will replace you.
Once selected the trainee
East Africa Camps will provide additional information such
• Kitchens what is available and what can be purchased
• Suppliers details, module operandi available product etc.
• Transport used for food and staff
• Menu being used
Before arrival several Skype meetings will be held for:
• Clarification of doubt
• Discussion on sample menus their food cost and presentation.
• How to develop and implement the training program.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE