Our client Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) which is an autonomous, not for profit, non-political national NGO providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information, education, and services in Tanzania. UMATI was established in 1959 and is a Full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). UMATI is inviting dynamic and result oriented persons to fill the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director is responsible for successful leadership and management of the Association according to the strategic direction set by the National Executive Committee (NEC).
S/he is responsible for planning, directing, developing and managing all functions of UMATI and provide technical support to volunteers in developing policy, direction and implementing them, ensure the Associations’ integrity and represent the corporate interest.
- Participate in developing vision and strategic plan to guide the Association.
- Ensure preparation of a comprehensive Annual Programme Budget (APB).
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the Association.
- Provide corporate leadership, image and identity.
- Implement the policy decisions of the NEC within the set budget so as to ensure effective management of the Association. Act as a professional advisor to the NEC on all aspects of the Association’s activities.
- Ensure that the operations of the Association meet the expectations of its clients, NEC and Funders.
- Ensure drafting of policies for the approval of the NEC and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies, review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the NEC as appropriate.
- Ensure that the programs and services offered contribute to the Association’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Association.
- Ensure research on funding sources, oversee the development of fund-raising plans and funding proposals to increase the funds of the Association.
- Administer the funds of the Association according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the Association.
- Ensure provision comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the Association.
- Oversee preparation of programmes, budgets and periodic reports such as monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports as laid down in the UMATI Constitution and the Corporate plan and submit to the National Executive Committee. Oversee Monitoring and Evaluation of the Association projects.
- Oversee staff management including recruitment, remunerations, appraisal, development, training and disciplinary matters to ensure that they are carried out in line with the Association’s regulations and requirements of laid down legislations.
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance.
- Ensure that the role and participation of volunteers in the Association is encouraged and developed.
- Represent the Association at community activities to enhance the Association’s community profile.
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the Association and to identify changes in the community served by the Association.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the Association’s people (clients, staff, management, volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, image and implement measures to control risks.
- Ensure that the Association carries appropriate and adequate insurance coverage.
- Act as spokesperson for the Association Overseeing management of KABIU.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the National Executive Committee.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in a Health-related field/Business/Social Science.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in health-related activities, of which five (5) years must be at a senior management level, managing and developing direct reports.
- High level strategic thinking and planning with the ability to envision and convey the Association’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Possess a history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience with excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, peer NGOs, national, international agencies and volunteers.
- The ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage teamwork and collaboration; strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate;
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights services.
- Knowledge on gender-related needs perspectives and concerns.
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/voluntary organizations.
- Knowledge of operations, financial management and project management.
- Possession of outstanding managerial and administrative competences.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders Honest and trustworthy
- High Level of Computer literacy in Office applications
- Demonstrated experience in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to challenge and influence others at all levels, persuade and build coalitions and networks.
- Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong negotiation skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to analyse problems and recommend a course of action
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Possession of a valid Driving licence
- Willing and able to travel extensively on UMATI business
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission and values of UMATI.
Mode of Application:
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates and three referees with their contacts to [email protected]..
The position should be the subject of the email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The deadline for submitting the application is on 8th November, 2021
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.