Tanzania Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (TEITI)
Dar es Salaam
POST: EXECUTIVE SECRETARY. – 1 POST
EMPLOYER: TANZANIA EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES TRANSPARENCY INITIATIVE (TEITI)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2023-04-03 2023-04-16
The Executive Secretary is the head and accounting officer of the Secretariat and is responsible for entation of the day to day activities of the committee.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide day to day management of the Secretariat including human resources management, financial management, planning and budgeting;
- To coordinate and provide leadership in the implementation of a framework for transparency and accountability in the reporting and disclosure by all extractive industry companies on revenues due to or paid to the Government;
- To advocate a buy in for implementation of transparency and accountability framework;
- To provide analytical support and recommendations to overcome key delivery challenges of transparency and accountability framework;
- To undertake annual evaluation, prepare reports and disseminate;
- To engage with Government, civil societies and companies for effective management of natural resources;
- To promote and facilitate effective citizen participation and awareness of extractive industry companies and its contribution to socio-economic development;
- To carry out investigations on material discrepancy from revenue payments and receipts in the extractive industry companies;
- To analyse and make reconciliations on payments from extractive industry companies and Government receipts;
- To identify discrepancies and undertake measures to enhance capacity of any relevant organ of the Government or Local Government Authority having statutory responsibility to monitor revenues and payments by all extractive industry companies to the Government;
- To disseminate publications of reconciliation and investigation reports or otherwise any information concerning revenues received by the Government from extractive industry companies as it may consider necessary;
- To promote effective participation of citizen and awareness of resources governance in extractive industry and its contribution to socio-economic development;
- To make consultation amongst Government, civil society and companies for effective management of natural resources;
- To supervise affairs of the Secretariat;
- To carry out research or studies for furtherance functions of the Committee; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Committee from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Masters Degree in either of the following fields; Mining Engineering, Mineral Economics, Mineral Processing Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Economics, Laws, Human Resource Management, Finance, Accountancy, Public Administration, Geology, Business Administration/Commerce majoring in Human Resource Management or Finance or Accountancy from a recognized University/Institution.
LANGUAGES: Multilingual preferably Kiswahili and English. Knowledge of other languages such as French, Spanish, Arabic and Chinese will be an added advantage
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least twelve (12) years working experience of which three (3) years should be in a Managerial position in a reputable organization. Experience in extractive industry will be an added advantage.
AGE LIMIT: Not more than fifty-five (55) years
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Five Years and may be eligible for re-appointment for one further term of five years.
REMUNERATION TEIT 12.1