Executive Secretary (Chief Executive Officer)
The Communications Regulators’ Association of Southern Africa (CRASA), based in Gaborone, Botswana, is a consultative association of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and Postal regulators in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region. The main focus of CRASA is to harmonise the ICT and Postal regulatory frameworks in the region. To achieve this, CRASA works closely with the SADC and other regional and international agencies and also organises regional events on ICT and Postal regulation that brings together decision-makers in government institutions, regulators, operators and experts in the field of regulation.
CRASA wishes to recruit a dynamic, innovative and result-oriented individual from a SADC Member Country to serve as its Executive Secretary on a contract of four (4) years, renewable up to a maximum of another term, depending on performance.
Main Purpose of the Position
To provide strategic leadership in the harmonisation process of ICT and Postal Regulatory frameworks in SADC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements CRASA’s Strategic and Annual Operational Business Plans to accelerate the harmonisation of ICT and Postal regulatory frameworks in
- Plans, develops, manages and delivers CRASA
- Promotes exchange of information among the ICT and Postal regulators in the region to allow for strong partnerships to develop among CRASA
- Develops and implements the CRASA Annual Budget in accordance with CRASA Policies and
- Initiates revenue generating activities to ensure long-term financial sustainability of CRASA.
- Ensures preparation of CRASA’s annual financial statements and annual
- Ensures maintenance of the CRASA website and
- Negotiates, grows and sustains CRASA partnerships at both regional and international levels.
- Recommends selection and recruitment of CRASA Secretariat Team
- Supervises the work of CRASA Secretariat Team
- Reports to the CRASA Executive Committee on organisational plans and
Relevant Qualification and Experience:
- A Masters’ Degree or equivalent, in addition to an academic Degree, in engineering, economics, finance, public administration, law, business administration or related field from a recognised
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience in ICT or Postal industry, five (5) years of which should have been at senior managerial
- Proficiency in one of the regional languages (English, French and Portuguese).
- Proficiency in two or more regional languages shall be an added
The following are the core competencies required for the position:
- Strategic Thinking
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Basic Financial Management Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Computer Literacy
CRASA offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with other similar posts around the region.
Suitable candidates from SADC Countries can send their resumes of not more than three (3) pages, a cover letter, certified copies of certificates and names and contacts of three (3) referees to the undersigned not later than the close of business on 4th January 2021
- CRASA is an equal opportunity
- Only short-listed candidates will be
- CRASA reserves the right to withdraw this advert should circumstance
- As the incumbent is a citizen of Zimbabwe, other Zimbabwean nationals shall not be eligible to apply for this
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority, Mawasiliano Towers,
20 Sam Nujoma Road,
P.O Box 474,
14414, DAR ES SALAAM.
Email: [email protected]