TOR Facilitation of Training on Data Management to Training Providers (TPs)Job SummarySET is working with a total of 25 TPs supporting skills development in the agriculture sector. All TPs are members of an informal platform involved in the implementation of ongoing training. The overall objective of this consultancy is to facilitate training on data management and MRM with relevance to the TPs and their activities.
Skills for Employment (SET) is a Swiss Development Corporation (SDC) supported programme implemented in Tanzania. It aims to improve the employment and employability of youth and young women and mothers through skills development. In its bid to strengthen training providers (TPs) capacity and in response to their request; the SET project seeks to support TPs in strengthening of organization’s data management capacity. These terms of reference (TOR) is for facilitation of the training on data management system aspects with a practical relevance to the result-based project. Including supporting TPs to improve their data management processes, storing data, using data for planning, and organizing and maintaining the data created and collected by an organization among other things to facilitate an evidence based marketing of their services.
2. Objectives of Assignment
SET is working with a total of 25 TPs supporting skills development in the agriculture sector. All TPs are members of an informal platform involved in the implementation of ongoing training. The overall objective of this consultancy is to facilitate training on data management and MRM with relevance to the TPs and their activities.
3. Specific objectives
The activity aims to strengthen data management on TPs program and activities by:
- Review current TPs data processes, type of data collected, data quality, disaggregation and discrepancies ensuring that gender aspects are sufficiently covered.
- Support TPs to understand ways to maintain their projects data and quality checks.
- Increasing the capacity of TPs staff and partners in data collection, storing, analysis,interpretation, reporting and management in TPs program and activities.
- Propose best ways for TPs to manage project data include online data collection i.e. mobile data collection.
- Support TPs in the use of data for internal management, external communication and marketing.
4. Scope of work:
The development of data collection tools, and MRM plan will include evaluation and visiting respective TPs, review their existing data collection, management process and reports. The consultant will undertake the following specific tasks:
- Conduct a desk review of existing data collection relevant documents, reports and conduct consultations with TPs to assess the achievements and identify best practice, the key challenges and gaps relating to MRM system in their activities and organisation.
- Support TPs to draft MRM plan and data collection tools in alignment with the following:
a) The requirements of different donors;
b) Coherence and alignment with the confidentiality and international standard;
c) Due consideration to all assumptions and risk management in their working environment;
d) Ensure that TPs data collection and analysis is covering all gender aspects of relevance for the TPs operation and continued development.
- Present the draft of data collection tool to TPs, discuss and collect their comments before finalisation;
- Facilitate that TPs data collection will facilitate their operation, external communication and their marketing activities;
- Facilitate a three days practical training session to TPs staff on data management system in a workshop that will be organised by SET;
5. Duration and Placement:
A total of 25 working days have been allocated for this assignment which will include a 3days for the training workshop. The consultant should be available for the assignment in the period between 03 rd of September 2020 to 02 nd of October 2020.
The consultancy is expected to deliver the following outputs:
- Present a short report showing the identified gaps from the existing practices from the visited TPs as well as the identified key indicators on which the TPs should collect the data and information.
- Develop and present to TPs standard data collection tools.
- Completed training documents including, practical sessions, references, PowerPoint, Agenda, Pre- and Post-tests, and training schedules.
- Participate in a virtual meeting with SET staff to facilitate the assignment.
- Written assignment report in English to the SET MRM Coordinator.
- Present the training modality, contents, schedule prior to the training.
- Present the pre and post training evaluation report which will help to assess the contribution of the training toward change in TPs practices.
- Conduct coaching of TPs for after the training.
- Show concrete evidence that all relevant gender aspects have been considered, presented and included throughout the fulfilment of this assignment.
7. Required QualificationThe external consultant must meet the following qualification requirements:
- Profound knowledge and experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Results measurements, Agricultural projects in Tanzania and East Africa funded by international development agencies such as SDC.
- Profound knowledge and experience in Data Management system for Result based projects.
- Impact assessment, developing Data collection tools and data management for adaptive decision making.
- Proven knowledge and experience in preparing data for impact analysis and data quality assessment (DQA)
- Knowledge and work experience with the Donor Committee for Enterprises Development (DCED) standard will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in Outcome Mapping and Impact assessment in Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing measurement plan.
- Proven experience in Result Based Project Management: Data Management System.
- Proven experience with gender data collection and analysis related to skills training.
- Excellent report writing abilities.
- Fluency in English.
8. Administrative Clauses
- A detailed CV and/or company profile with previous clients references for similar assignments.
- Financial proposal showing the daily rate in Tanzanian Shillings;
- The payment of the fees is subject to the deliverables outlined under point 3, point 6 and approval by the project.
SET reserves the right not to choose the lowest economic offer. The selection will be based on an overall assessment of the proposal. The selected consultant is expected to undertake the assignment in accordance with Swisscontacts ‘Code of Conduct’ and gender policy. Both documents will be provided to the consultant.
The consultant is requested to forward their proposal under the attention of SET Team Leader (firstname.lastname@example.org) not later than the 24th of August 2020 at 2 pm Tanzanian time. For any further clarification please contact Gundelinda Sakaya, Monitoring and Result Measurement Coordinator on +255 789 477 180 or email@example.com