FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research
and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries, all U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 ¡s seeking qualified candidates for the vacant position for a USAID-funded HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Project based in Rift Valley.
Job Title: Chief of Party (Project Director)
Reports To: Country Director
Project: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
Job Requisition ID: 2018200310
Deadline: February 16, 2018
Position Summary: We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Director / Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID funded HIV Service Delivery Activity which will focus on supporting the Government of Kenya with HIV / AIDS prevention, care and treatment services.
The (COP) will provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful and integrated multi-sectorial program that builds upon existing USAID and Government of Kenya investments and that will achieve lasting outcomes.
The COP will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables to USAID, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, semi-annual reports and annual reports as required.
The COP will be responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the activities of any sub-recipient partners under this cooperative agreement.
The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID and will manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management, and compliance.
The COP is expected to coordinate with government and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement ongoing initiatives and adhere to country and global standards.
The position will be based in Kenya and will report to the FHI 360 Kenya Country Director.
Selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all aspects of program implementation and management; stakeholder coordination with USAID and Government of Kenya counterparts and implementing partners; and ensure overall project quality, results, and compliance
- Provide strategic leadership to the design and implementation of HIV Service Delivery activities and oversees program planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that all projects activities are executed in line with and meet the technical standards and expectations of FHI 360 and its donors and supporters. Ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Oversee and coordinate the successful completion of planning and budgeting requirements of the project
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor the implementation of projects, including progress toward achieving objectives and targets with high-quality and on-time performance
- Provide effective oversight to all financial and administrative functions undertaken by the program to ensure efficient and effective administrative support
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with FHI 360 standard operating procedures, donor policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
- Develop and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with representatives from the Government of Kenya, academic institutions, donors, supporters and other implementing and collaborating partners
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID
- Represent project both internally and externally to other donors, stakeholders, implementing partners and government counterparts
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- A Master’s Degree in public health, social services, management, or business administration, or related field.
- At least seven years demonstrated, recent, experience within the capacity as senior staff in some aspect of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment; and/or quality improvement/quality assurance; health systems strengthening; M&E; and operations research.
- At least seven years’ experience in managing complex public health programs or programs of similar scope and size, including program, financial and administration management, award contractual compliance, sub-award management, and tracking project performance and costs via specific funding streams.
- At least five years international (outside of Kenya) experience in development, managing, overseeing, and evaluating public health programs of similar size and complexity.
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package
How to Apply
Please CLICK HERE to apply online through our FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Key ¡n the Job/Requisition ID and follow the instructions provided to apply online.
Please specify source in your application and quote the Job / Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than February 16, 2018.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.