2.0 TROPICAL PESTICIDES RESEARCH INSTITUTE (TPRI)
Tropical Pesticides Research Institute (TPRI) dates back to 1945 when it started with the objective of investigating application of synthetic insecticides for the control of tropical pests. Since then, the Institute has served under the colonial Government, the East African Common Services Organization, the defunct East African Community and the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania. Currently TPRI’s capacity
include pesticide regulation, hygiene and safety; pest management, research and services including toxicology; pesticide residues in the environment; pesticides application techniques; food and feeds; sanitary and Phytosanitary control; organic certification; Biosafety; plant and insect taxonomy as well as documentation of natural vegetation and insects; and conservation of plant genetic resources.
2.1 FIELD ASSISTANT GRADE II- 1 POST
2.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be assigned specific duties in the laboratory or field;
- To assist Laboratory Technician or Field Officers in carrying Laboratoty/Field activities; and
iii. Cleaning of Laboratory and field equipment.
2.1.2 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV/VI certificate with bias in Science subjects will be as added advantage
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the institutions salary PGSS 6/7
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters
through their respective employers;
vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
xii. A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 8 Kivukoni Road, P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam.
xiii. Deadline for application is 25th October, 2019
xiv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
SECRETARY, PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT