Position: Field Interviewers (4 posts)
Reports to: Study Coordinator/Clinic Supervisor
Work station: Dar es Salaam
Apply by: February 26, 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for Field Interviewers to fill vacant positions in the Calcium project. The Interviewers will work at the study antenatal care clinics and assist the study nurses to collect data on mothers and infants enrolled in the study.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct home visits for participants who miss their scheduled clinic appointments
- Conduct delivery and new born assessment for health facility and home birth as well as conduct verbal autopsies.
- Participate in research related activities at the clinic from recruitment to patient discharge
- Perform any other job-related duties assigned by supervisor/coordinator.
Qualification and Experience
- Certificate of Secondary Education (Form IV/VI).
- Holding a certificate in nursing and experience working on a clinical trial will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to use laptop for data collection.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team;
- Good/Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to details;
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
All e-mail application subject line should read:
APPLICATION FOR THE FIELD INTERVIEWER POST – CALCIUM
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P. o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
The deadline for this application is 1700hrs, 26th February 2021