Innovation: Africa (iA) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose team of dedicated problem solvers work together to bring solar and water technologies to rural communities in Africa in need living in rural African villages. We use solar energy to pump clean water and provide schools, orphanages, and medical clinics with light and refrigeration to store vaccines and medicines. iA has completed over 300 solar, water, and agricultural projects, providing light, clean water, food and proper medical care to more than 2 million people in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, South Africa, Uganda, Cameroon, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Seeking Hard-Working, Dedicated Problem-Solver Field Officer in Tanzania Innovation: Africa
We are seeking a highly trained and qualified individual to be our Field Officer in Dodoma, Tanzania. The Field Officer is part of the Program Team and is responsible for implementing Innovation: Africa’s field project activities. The Field Officer works under the supervision of the Project Manager and will support activities related to the identification and implementation for new projects in Tanzania and shall be responsible for tasks related to selection of beneficiaries, implementation, reporting and liaison with the community. You will regularly report progress and weekly activity report, share the number of beneficiaries reached and actively engage in community mobilization, coordination and sensitization. Candidates should expect to travel to the field to search for new projects, mobilize and ensure the communities foster responsibility and ownership in ongoing and completed projects, as well as monitor projects already established.
Reports To: Local Project Manager & Country Director in Israel
- Oversee all operations in-field throughout the project’s lifespan: prospective project search, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Appropriately sensitize the communities, establishing steering committees, coordinating the establishment and management of income generation activities for the sustainability of the projects
- Support the Project Manager in managing relationships with district and other government officials
- Fully participate in visits from the international team, donors and guests
- Send updates and reports to international management team of implementation for on-going projects and monitor projects already established
The ideal candidate is a dedicated team-player with vast experience in community development work. Detail orientation, problem-solving, and passion for human development are a must. Those with a Bachelor’s Degree are encouraged to apply. If you’re the right person for this position, you will have general knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Diploma – strong advantage
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience working in the sector of community development
- Experience working in community-based water and solar projects – advantage
- Experience working in WASH programs – advantage
- Educational background in international development or community development is a benefit.
- Excellent computer skills, including email and Microsoft office software
- Driver’s license and off road driving experience
- Ability to commit to flexible working hours, including some weekends
- High proficiency in English; both writing and speaking
- Ability to relocate to Dodoma Region in Tanzania
- Able to speak Swahili and with a good personality
Please send your cover letter and CV as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The file name should be saved as your full name and please specify which job position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
As an international organization, our team works in New York, Israel, and Africa, and is constantly on the move. To maintain close contact despite our travel schedules, we regularly use technology solutions, such as WhatsApp and Skype. The ideal candidate thrives in this type of fast-paced environment and is comfortable working with colleagues in different time zones and continents.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply