Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician is responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and / or electrical aspects of underground and surface mining equipment and components according to defined specifications and is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites.
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance and determining faults and malfunctions
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts components or systems according to scope of work to restore equipment to original manufacture specifications
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Commissioning new equipment
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists.
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Complying with SMRT safety policies and identifying/reporting any unsafe work habits
- Maintaining hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Other duties as assigned by the Manage
- Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Field and Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (or equivalent)
- At least5 years’ related experience with mining equipment (surface and underground)
- Previous experience with Sandvik equipment would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical issues with mining equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts (as required)
How To Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers . We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The deadline for submitting the application is September 17, 2020