Finance and Administration Director
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Starting Date: 06/07/2021
John Snow, Incorporated (JSI) is a Boston-based public health consulting firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the world. JSI works extensively with national and local governments, NGOs, the private sector, and traditional leaders to expand access to services for vulnerable populations. JSI is committed to improving the health of underserved populations through innovative approaches in a range of public health areas, including reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health, infectious diseases, nutrition, water and sanitation, technical and organizational capacity building, supply chain strengthening, strategic information management, health systems management, and policy development.
JSI is currently recruiting for a cooperating country national Chief of Party for a possible position with the USAID-funded Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Activity (C3HP-HIV/TB). The purpose of the project will be to support the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high-quality integrated HIV and TB prevention care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and women. C3HP-HIV/TB will increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in target regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s populace, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV/TB service delivery. Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Chief of Party will be responsible for overseeing contract implementation, providing the technical vision and approach and managing the project team and consortium members. The anticipated award date is open.
The anticipated award date is open. The Finance and Administration Director will report to the Chief of Party.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party and other key personnel to ensure coherence between programmatic activities and financial provisions;
- Oversee all operational activities including procurement, grants, construction, logistics, human resources, accounting, finance and records;
- Supervise all administrative and financial staff;
- Manage, monitor, and update program budget and obligated funds; Direct the preparation and negotiation of project budgets, reports and modifications, and coordinate with JSI/Boston as appropriate;
- Assist COP in addressing cooperative agreement-related issues and ensure all financial controls and systems comply with USG procedures and regulations in implementation of all program activities; and
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Accounting, Business Administration or related field;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, construction, logistics and/or human resources related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements; and
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 02/26/2021.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.
Please read this notice entitled Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law, and this “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement.
Deadline Date: 02/26/2021.