Finance and Administration Professional
GIZ Tanzania and EAC Tanzania
Public relations and Communications specialist at German agency for International Cooperation (GIZ)
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
The German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development has commissioned GIZ to implement the technical cooperation program “Improving Healthcare in Tanzania” for the duration from April 2019 to March 2022. The main partners are Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office of Regional Authorities, Local Governments and Administration (PORALG) with its regional and local offices and health facilities. The goal of the project is to improve the performance of the health system in the two partner regions (Tanga and Mbeya) through improvements in the following areas:
- digitalization of the health management information system of selected health facilities (referral and district hospitals),
- quality of service delivery for maternal and neonatal health (emergency obstetric and neonatal care)
- integrated family planning
- And strengthened governance for health, community involvement in decision making and prioritized planning of available resources.
GIZ is looking for a competent candidate to fill the position of Finance and Administration Professional (FAP) in the health programme.
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Fixed term contract
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Management of commercial services and financial and budget planning
- Procurement of material and service contracts and control of awarding processes
- Control and processing of accounting
- Monitoring of costs, expenses and claims and introduction of a financial monitoring system using new technologies (designated GIZ tool)
- Consulting/coaching and training on administrative issues
- Preparation and monitoring of audits
- Control and handling of administrative processes as well as coordination and guidance of the national administrative staff
- Advice on commercial decisions and representation in commercial matters
The FAP will
- Ensure knowledge transfer to programme information
- Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures and tools
- Erepare appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- Contribute to external evaluation
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Completed university degree in business administration and economics, Master’s degree is an asset
- Additional comparable courses of study or equivalent commercial training
- Several years of professional experience and comprehensive knowledge of financial management of international cooperation projects and programmes, including initiatives implemented by GIZ
- Long-standing professional experience in the commercial processing of complex commissions from development partners, including the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Experience in project management
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team, a high degree of flexibility as well as commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Extensive computer user knowledge
- Fluent in English language, knowledge of German language is an asset
Closing date for submission: 25.09.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.