Finance and Administrative Officer Jobs at Eastern and Southern Africa Anti Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG) February, 2019
The Eastern and Southern Africa Anti Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG) is a Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Style Regional Body (FSRB) which was established in 1999 and currently consists of 18 members (Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) and 1 observer member (DRC). Its main objective is to promote and assess implementation of Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Standards issued by the FATF. The ESAAMLG Secretariat intends to recruit a Finance and Administrative Officer to efficiently and effectively manage the finance and administrative functions of the ESAAMLG Secretariat in line with internationally recognised financial and corporate governance principles.
POST TITLE Finance and Administrative Officer
DUTY STATION ESAAMLG Secretariat Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
DURATION 2 years renewable subject to satisfactory performance
REPORTING TO Executive Secretary
Knowledge and Skills Requirements Minimum Vocational Professional Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a registered member of the National Board of Accountants and Auditors
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Strategic Management, Public Management, Human Resources/Administration or equivalent
Minimum Relevant Experience
- At least five years relevant working experience at a senior management level, or
- Five years relevant working experience in an international/regional organisation, or
- Five years relevant working experience in financial management of donor-funded projects
Duties and Responsibilities
Budget Preparation and Control
- Overseeing development of annual budgets in line with Strategic Objectives and work programme of the Organization.
- To assist the Executive Secretary in the mobilization of financial resources to implement approved work programme.
- Overseeing effective implementation of annual budgets to ensure compliance and optimal utilization of resources.
- Monitoring and managing expenditure within allotted budgets.
- Overseeing timely payments to facilitate smooth operations and implementation of the work programme.
Financial Management and Accountability
- Overseeing preparation of financial records related to general ledger, payroll, etc;
- Monitoring retention of bank records and timely preparation of bank reconciliations, reconciliation of member subscriptions and financial statements in order to facilitate accountability;
- Ensuring timely closure of accounts and preparation of accurate financial reports and financial statements in order to facilitate decision making;
- Overseeing preparation and presentation of financial reports for member countries;
- Overseeing preparation of accurate and timely financial reports for donors/ cooperating partners as required;
- Facilitating External Audit exercise, ensuring timely responses to audit queries and implementation of recommendations.
- Overseeing and administering the day-to-day activities of the Secretariat; including developing policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient operations
- Overseeing and facilitating resources management and administration procedures and documentation for the Secretariat
Internal and External Communication
- Serving as the primary point of administrative contact with the host Government and liaising with Member Countries, other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational matters;
- Coordinating and Preparing reports on administrative issues
- Overseeing and facilitating organisation of meetings, conferences, and other special events and coordinating ESAAMLG meetings.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience Eligibility of Applicants
This is a Support Staff position open to citizens of Tanzania and other ESAAMLG member countries citizens who have work permit and residence status in Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All applications, which will include a cover letter, current Curriculum Vitae and Certified copies of qualifications must be addressed and sent by 11th March 2019 to:
The Executive Secretary
PO Box 9923
Dar Es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Phone: +255 22 266 7895/7679;
Fax: +255 22 266 8745