Position: Finance and procurement officer (1 Post)
Full Time Position
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Executive Secretary
ProjeKt Inspire is a local company that has been working with Tanzanian youth to create career
awareness and lightening career paths specifically in the fields of Science, Technology,
Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). We envision a generation of well-rounded African
nurtured STEM professionals with an invaluable set of skills and knowledge for innovation and
development of Africa. Our mission is to ensure young people have access to affordable quality
tools and resources necessary for STEM education and their success in STEM fields.
-We are looking for a Finance & Procurement Officer to take charge of the financial health of
our company by administering accounting operations. You should also have excellent
organizational skills, and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
-Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions
and procedures of ProjeKt Inspire (T) Limited.
1. Keep accurate records for all daily transactions; prepare balance sheets and process
2. Record accounts payable and accounts receivable, update internal systems with financial
data and create efficient and effective methods for tracking financial data.
3. Reconcile bank statement; participate in financial audits, track bank deposits and
4. Implement and adhere to the companies or organization’s financial procedures and
5. Coordinate and execute financial transactions and activities, such as bill payment,
invoicing, payroll, etc.
6. Prepare regular financial reports and assist in the presentation of reports to managers and
7. Create and adhere to budgets for specific departments, projects, and business needs
8. Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies and managing
inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
Qualifications for Finance and procurement Officer:
Commitment to enforce compliance with policies, guidelines and regulations
Knowledge of finance and accounting software packages.
Demonstrated experience of working in a busy, high-paced environment
Familiarity with the Government of Tanzania’s laws, financial acts & policies and
regulations governing finance management and compliance for companies
Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and
Passion for STEM education.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management or any other related
Minimum 3 years’ experience working in administration and financial management in an
a company or international development setting, including experience in grants and
contracts administration, budget reporting and monitoring, cost proposal preparation,
accounting and financial analysis experience
How to apply: Application should be addressed to the Human and administration office.
To [email protected] with subject of Application for finance and
Application should be in one document that has, your updated CV with three contactable
professional referees and cover letter.
Application which does not include all of these details will not be considered.
Note: The closing date for this application is 12th March, 2021, 5:00 pm. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within