The IOGT-NTO Movement East Africa Office (EAO) is currently looking for a new Finance Assistant/Communications Officer for our office in East Africa. The position is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The region comprises of Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. Currently the regional program is funding 14 partners in these five countries.
As Sweden’s leading organisation working to reduce harms caused by alcohol and other drugs, we offer an opportunity to contribute to a world where people can live a free and rich life. The IOGT-NTO Movement sees the use of alcohol and other drugs as development barriers, in order to contribute to the democratic development and reduced poverty.
Together with our partners we work in East Africa with policy and advocacy, community development, vulnerable children and the Scout Movement.
IOGT has 3 regional offices the other two are located in Stockholm, Sweden and ChiangMai Thailand.
Areas of responsibility
Finance Assistant (~60 %)
- Managing petty cash
- Responsible for all QuickBooks Entries
- Support FAO in accounting and maintaining a proper filing system of all accounting records. Communications (~40 %)
- Lead in the preparation of technical briefs, annual technical reports, human interest or case stories, photos, press releases, newspaper articles and e-bulletin/newsletters
- Identify innovative opportunities and new communications tools and platforms which can serve to highlight the work of IOGT NTO Movement EAO
- Be a focal point on preparation and sharing of all EAO communication activities
- Provide support to ensure IOGT NTO Movement’s brand and values are streamlined and reflected across all external communications channels, meeting content needs in all aspects
- Support in coordinating a diverse communications portfolio, contributing to strategy development, leading special projects including reports amongst others
Education and qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree Accounting
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in accounting position
- Experience with creative writing and public communication
- Proven experience with digital communications, multimedia and social media platforms
- Experience of working with other international organisations is an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
You will initially be offered a one-year contract and be based in Dar es Salaam. The successful candidate
will work under the supervision of the Regional Director & Finance and Administration Officer.
You are welcome with your application containing a Cover Letter and CV no later than
September 11th, 2020 to the IOGT-NTO Movement: firstname.lastname@example.org.