Finance Assistant, (Special Services Agreement) – (1905202)
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: N/A
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2019, 10:49:50 AM
Closing Date: Nov 29, 2019, 10:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar-es-Salaam
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently supporting Tanzania government prepare for an EVD outbreak. As the recognised lead agency in health matters, WHO has engaged with donors and partners such as Swiss Government, DFID (UK) and USAID and approximately US$1,300,000.00 has been mobilized so far to support the preparedness activities. Given the interest by partners, more funding is expected as the activities roll out.
Terms of Reference FINANCE ASSISTANT (G5) SSA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and verify payment voucher supporting documents such as, invoices, receipts, identification documents, vehicle log books, registration forms etc.
- Support payment processing by;
- Assist in payment verifications before actual payments.
- Filling in of VAT prepayment forms, form 736, Invoice templates.
- Processing supplier invoices for payment.
- Processing Travel Agencies invoices for payment.
- Reviewing supplier account statements & clearing outstanding payments.
- Scanning of payment vouchers for submission in the E-Imprest
- Daily filling of payment vouchers.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A minimum of five years of relevant practical experience in accounting, finance or administrative work, some experience in WHO an asset, with a good knowledge of financial rules and regulations, procedures and practices of an organization in the UN system.
Required Educational Qualifications
Completion of secondary school education or equivalent. Additional relevant higher education, especially in accounting/finance/business administration is an advantage.
Training in accounting an asset as well as sound knowledge of administrative procedures. Proficiency in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, Power Point, Excel, etc., ideally with training in online work planning and financial systems.
Functional skills and knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in stressful context and under tight deadline.
- Communication in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Fostering integration and team work
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Excellent knowledge of English and a good working level in the other language (Swahili), with the ability to read/understand, to draft non-standard correspondence, and to communicate efficiently and with courtesy in both languages.
The contract will be for six (06) months