Position :Finance Controller
Job Location : Tanzania
This will be a critical role to
Drive implementation of strategic business plans over the short and long term
Streamline and strengthen the financial systems and controls in the assigned geography of the Tanzania business
CFO for the business :
Overall responsibility of the Finance function (review financial statements, monthly MIS, Group reporting) and audits (internal, statutory).
Financial evaluation of projects and post implementation review of the projects.
Monitoring and evaluating business processes; suggesting and implementing changes to bring in control, efficiency and effectiveness.
Involvement in operational functioning pertaining to procurement negotiations and cost savings.
Reviewing the work of the finance manager / second line if any and ensuring the procedures are adhered to.
Strategic Business Planning :
Maintaining repository of data and information to support business processes.
Overseeing the implementation/maintenance of ERP system.
Drafting capital expenditure plans and investments in line with business strategy
Planning &Budgeting :
Preparing Annual Operating Plans (AOP) for the business unit.
-Anchor the annual budgeting exercise and ensure that the business units have a sound rationale/ basis for the budgets.
Ensure maintenance and reporting P & L for the unit on a monthly basis.
Preparing Rolling Estimates for remaining year for all regions and reporting the same to HO.
Preparing brand contributions, day sales inventory calculation
Monthly Management reporting with detailed analysis of sales & profit along with comparison with prior Rolling Estimate, Annual Operating Plan & Previous Year
Accounting & Statutory Compliances:
Timely preparation of annual/monthly reports ensuring analysis of the performances on a monthly basis.
Ensuring compliance to all applicable statutory and legal requirements for the assigned geography.
Planning and managing internal/statutory/tax audits.
Periodic compilation of a comprehensive checklist for audit and risk management
Contributing to better corporate governance by identifying internal control weaknesses and implementing better controls
This will be a challenging opportunity for middle to senior management career driven professionals to contribute to an ambitious business agenda for an aggressive growth oriented organization
Career path for a high performer in the role would be handling CFO roles for larger and more complex clusters or P&L for a business unit with moderate complexity to start with.
This role has principal reporting to the East Africa CFO based at Kenya
• The ideal candidate would be a Chartered Accountant /CPA or Equivalent International degree
• 8 plus years of experience, with at least 2 years in a finance leadership role
• Experience in FMCG/Pharma/ Automotive / Manufacturing will be preferred
• Knowledge of SAP/ERP Accounting Systems will be desirable
Key Competencies and Skills
• The candidate needs to be high on strategic thinking and achievement orientation.
• The candidate also needs to display the ability and sensitivity to manage cultural differences, geographical complexities and complex stakeholder relationships,
• Other key desired competencies and skills would be teamwork and collaboration and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE