Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led
agricultural growth at national level.
AGRA is seeking to recruit a Finance Intern in the Regional Finance Office in Dar es Salaam.The internship will be based in Dar es Salaam,Tanzania and is only open to Tanzania Nationals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the leadership of GST Finance Officer, And as part of the internship program the intern will:
- Be the focal point for incoming invoices, maintain a proper tracking
mechanism and provide preliminary assessment of completeness of invoice support documentation.
- Provide Finance Support to Meetings by ensuring that meeting participants are paid their daily subsistence allowance after collecting provides receipt, invoice to support their reimbursements.
- Ensure all payments have adequate supporting documents and that all the necessary authorization has been obtained for all payments.
- Process payments to the vendors after formal check of vendor’s eligibility with a procurement team in Nairobi. Process staff advance requests and manage the day-to-day operations of the Office
- Review account-abilities for advances of the Regional Team in Adrenaline and ensure all supporting documentation such as boarding
passes, hotel receipts and other incidentals have been attached.
- Obtain the necessary approvals from GST Finance Officer and Pass necessary transactions in staff accounts and apply account-abilities
- Provide support to the GST Finance Officer to ensure staff account
balances are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile receivables and ensure any aged receivables are
highlighted and followed up for collection.
- Ensure that all Finance related documents are filed in a logical manner and coordinate retrieval of physical/soft copy as requested.
- Participate in preparation for internal /external audits and review of various account balances, schedules and submitting all relevant information to the auditors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform any other duties allocated by the supervisor(s).
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- No work experience required but a demonstration of experience in extra-curricular or non-academic activities of value will be an added advantage;
- Good verbal, written communication and IT skills;
- Able to demonstrate good planning and administrative skills;
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
Terms of Employment
This is an internship position based in Dar es Salaam,Tanzania. The initial contract will be for a period of three (3) months and the successful candidate shall receive a monthly stipend during this period.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail./
To be considered, applications must be received not later than 15th December 2019. Interviews are scheduled to take place in Dar es Salaam on 19th December 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer