Dar es Salaam
Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF)
The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust
BENJAMIN WILLIAM MKAPA FOUNDATION
The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust, established in 2006 with the vision towards healthy lives and well-being for all, in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. Its strategic mission is to contribute towards the attainment of better health outcomes through innovative health and related system solutions. BMF’s Vision and Mission can be achieved through empowered workforce, which is self-motivated, committed to growth and integrity, and the one who pursues excellence in execution. BMF seeks for innovative, self-driven, dynamic, and competent qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy: –
Position: Finance Manager
Reports to: Director of Finance and Grants
Department: Finance and Grants
Duty Station: BMF Headquarters – Dar es Salaam
Contract type: Full time
Overall purpose of the Job
The Finance Manager is responsible for the overall management of finance department of BMF. He/she is responsible for ensuring that financial controls are in place, accurate books of accounts are maintained and updated on time for complying with BMF policies and regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing and coordinating organization payments to be made to various internal and external clients.
- Ensure timely posting of all transactions in the systems and undertake monthly financial
- Prepare weekly liquidity position flash report and submit to Director of Finance and
- Manage the preparation of monthly reconciliations of banks, vendors, Customers, interproject and statutory payments.
- Prepare and submits periodic project and consolidated financial reports as per the
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annually, and annual projects trial balances and related schedules and submit to Head of reporting for financial statements preparations.
- Support the preparation of Board financial related reports.
- Facilitate and manage both Internal and External audit assignments.
- Support in the management of banking relationships and Communications.
- Support and ensure consolidation of institutional budget and monitor its implementation.
- Ensure all taxes are properly administered, withheld, and submitted to relevant
authorities within the due dates to avoid non-compliance.
- Support in developing/reviewing financial policies, controls, and procedures.
- Support and ensure development of the year-end financial statement close process.
- Support in Managing ERP Project to enhance financial management and other operations through guiding and working closely with ERP Concultants.
- Performs any other duties related to his/her work as may be assigned from time to time
by Supervisor and/or CEO.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent, MBA is an added advantage.
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA (T) or equivalent qualification.
- Professional experience of at least eight (8) years.
- Experienced in working with a Non- Government, Government or Private sector entity with multiple financiers will be an added advantage.
- Strong command of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with a computerized accounting software such as SAGE 300 ERP, EPICOR
or any other program.
- Analytical judgement, excellent inter-personal skills, and ability to work under pressure
– independently, as well as being part of a team.
- Fluent in English (writing, editing, reporting, and speaking).
MODE OF APPLICATION:
For all interested candidates send your achievement focused CV, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Benjamin William Mkapa
Foundation, via email: email@example.com
The deadline for application is on Friday 14th April 2023 at 5.00pm
The Mkapa Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. BMF has a non-smoking environment policy, and we are also committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of Abuse, whether it occurs or whoever is responsible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.