The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff and quality of service regulation of electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS DIVISION
|Post Title||: Finance Manager|
|Duty Station||: EWURA Head Office -Dodoma|
|Reports to||: Director of Corporate Affairs|
Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring timely and effective provision of financial services to the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support in ensuring timely and effective provision of financial services to the Authority;
- To monitor collection of all revenues of the Authority on timely basis;
- To provide support in monitoring financial expenditure as per Approved bud get, procedures and policies;
- To provide support in overseeing establishment and application of systems and proce dures for finance;
- To provide support in ensuring that all approved and normal operations pertaining to finance are carried out on time and according to approved budget;
- To provide support in overseeing prudent management of Authority’s resources, including keeping records on their utilization;
- To prepare time-based reports on financial performance;
- To prepare operating and capital expenditure budget;
- To prepare annual financial statements and provide required support to external auditors;
- To control, apply and monitor routine finance functions;
- To monitor and control all debtors and creditors and;
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- University Degree/ Advanced diploma majoring in accounting or finance from a recog nized higher learning institution;
- Masters Degree majoring in accounting or finance or business administration;
- Possession of Certified Public Accountant, CPA(T) or ACCA Certificate;
- Must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of either Associate Certified Public Accountants (ACPAs) or Associate Certified Public Accountant in Public Practice (ACPA-PPs) or Fellow Certified Public Accountants (FCPAs);
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software;
- A strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Interna tional Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- Not less than seven (7) years’ work experience in relevant fields out of which three (3) years should be in senior position;
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 8 January, 2021.
Only short- listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidates disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,