Finance Manager at Good Neighbors
TITLE: Finance Manager
This application is limited to Tanzanian Nationals only. The individual who is currently live in Zanzibar are encouraged to apply.
Enhancing the Quality of Secondary School Education through a holistic approach in Zanzibar
CONTRACT STATUS: Finance Manager/ Regular staff
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established in 2005 and our efforts work towards creating an environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership. Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team
Good Neighbors Tanzania together with implementing partners (NIRAS and UNOPS) is implementing a KOICA-funded project, “Enhancing Quality of Secondary School Education through a holistic approach in Zanzibar” (EQSSE-Z project). The overall goal of the project is to enhance the quality of secondary school education. The project’s primary objective is to ensure better teaching and learning in secondary schools through the development of teacher’s capability, especially in competency-based pedagogical practices, improvement of teaching and learning environment, and quality assurance in education with community-based monitoring.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Finance Manager will seek opportunities to continuously innovate to improve efficiency and quality of services. He or she shall oversee, provide provides and direction to the finance and administration teams in ZAO, ensuring the professional standards are maintained, that controls are effectively, and that procedures and documentations is complete and up to date.
The Finance Manager will report directly to the PM in the oversight and guidance of financial streams, provide periodic administrative and technical reports as agreed to by the organization. He or she shall provide operational oversight on financial and efficient procurement and logistical services, asset management as well as ensuring compliance with GN and GNTZ policies, national and international standards and KOICA’s accounting regulations. Oversees overall financial management to include budget management and monitoring, forecasting needs, procurements, management of financial systems and enforcing controls.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the day-to-day services provided, monitoring performance, rebalancing resources and prioritizing activities to deliver quality on-time services to customers
- Provide direction, advice and support to Functional Stream leads, including the review and approval of complex transactions
- Set priorities and strategic planning of work in line with overall goals
- Direct management of finance and administration team and supervise administration staff, including driver(s), housekeeper(s)
- Direct management of internal control system to improve work efficiency and keep transparency such as online QBs, HR system, Fuel control system, and Procurement procedure
- Provide regular and timely report on progress including Monthly finance reports, Bi-annual finance reports, Budget vs expenditure, Budget execution summary, and Missing documentation by real time to HO and donors
- Analyzes revenue, expenses, cash flows, and balance sheets
- Other duties specified in a Job Description
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A university degree in Accounting or a related field
- CPA Holder and member of professional Accountancy Body
- Minimum 10+ years relevant work experience in donor funded project financial management
- Strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time, task, and resource management skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and written skills and proper computers skills especially MS Office
HOW TO APPLY:
All qualified candidates are required to fill and submit the Application form associated with a current curriculum vitae with reachable contacts of two referees.
OR you can use this link APPLICATION HERE
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
- All applications should be received latest by 25th May 2023, 4:00pm East African Time
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and Emails.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation During the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
How to Apply :
Leave a Reply