Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, iow-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit the following positions, available for immediate filling.
Position: Finance Manager [One position based in Dar es salaam]
The Finance Manager is responsible for providing financial and management support to Jhpiego Tanzania Office and related programs to ensure the smooth running of the office in Dar es Salaam. This includes supervising day-to-day financial operations of the country office, budgeting and review of internal control systems. Review of on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of Jhpiego’s financial operations.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA/ACCA Finalist or equivalent
- Master’s degree in business or related field an added advantage
- Minimum of Seven (7) years relevant experience in finance or accounting
- Past audit experience, will added advantage.
- Communication and interpersonal skills – Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with staff at all levels
- Tax Knowledge – In depth knowledge of Tanzania income tax regulations
- Understanding of USAID rules and regulations
- Supervisory skills- Ability to Mentor and train other Finance staff
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office suite
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience. To apply please indicate the position title of the position you are applying for on the subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactabie professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications, which do NOT include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
Send the application through email: HRTZ@jhpiego.org Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 15th September, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through email@example.com.