WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that deals with conservation of nature. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. We seek to hire a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly qualified individual to fill in the position of Finance Manager.
The main function of this role is to ensure a high performing office with efficient financial operating systems supporting conservation impact in line with WWF Tanzania Country Office and global priorities and initiatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operational Planning:
- Support the Country Director in the development and implementation of a Tanzania Country Office Operational Plan;
- Coordinate the preparation of annual operational/project budgets and forecasts for Tanzania Country Office in accordance with the annual planning cycle and in close collaboration with project staff;
- Assist in the preparation and review of all Tanzania Country Office project proposals to be submitted for funding; and
- Ensure that all project budgets are fully funded.
2. Finance Management and Budgeting:
- Ensure that all Tanzania Country Office field offices have appropriate financial and administrative structures in place, with qualified staff;
- Ensure that timely and appropriate financial information is provided to Tanzania Country Office management, WWF Africa Regional Office, WWF International, and other WWF offices as required;
- Develop and deliver on a timetable for data transfer from all Tanzania Country Office offices, to ensure timely preparation of consolidated financial reports;
- Direct the preparation and distribution of all project financial reports;
- Prepare, administer, and control approved consultancy contracts/agreements and sub-grants;
- Ensure that all Tanzania Country office Offices are properly monitored to fulfil contractual obligations;
- Ensure that external and internal audits are properly organised, and that there is proper and timely follow-up of audit recommendations;
- Liaise with WWF Africa Regional Office on calls for funds for Tanzania Country Office projects;
- Coordinate transfers of funds to Tanzania Country Office offices;
- Carry out periodic evaluations of Tanzania Country Office financial reports, systems, procedures, and internal controls;
- Supervise all Finance staff in all Tanzania Country Office offices;
- Ensure that all Finance staff in Tanzania Country Office have clearly-defined objectives, indicators of achievement, and quarterly/annual work plans.
- Responsible for the production of organization financial statements as per the set standards, laws and regulation governing the production of the financial statements
- Responsible for closing Financial books on time and reporting on time as per stipulated schedules and adhering to the accounting policies;
- Accurate Financial Reports prepared as per the set standards and timeline;
- Responsible for preparation and monitoring of TCO budget and project budgets.
3. Policies, Procedures, and Systems:
- Ensure that all Tanzania Country Office field offices apply the WWF International Field Office Procedures as set out in the appropriate manuals, and, where appropriate, coordinates the preparation of local versions of these procedures;
- Ensure that all Tanzania Country Office field offices operate in strict application of laws and regulations in force, and that policies and procedures are adapted, where necessary, to reflect these laws and regulations;
- Ensure that all Tanzania Country Office field offices are equipped with the appropriate WWF International approved systems – particularly accounting, spread sheet, and word processing software – and that these are updated in a coordinated and timely manner, in consultation with the Directors, Finance & Operations-Africa;
- In collaboration with the People /Development Manager, liaise with government on matters pertaining to:
- the Host Country Agreement;
- work permits; and
- WWF privileges and obligations.
4. Audits and Compliance:
- Responsible for all statutory audits for the organization and making sure issues are implemented timely;
- Responsible for effective system of internal controls in place which also ensures compliance with FOM and Network Standards;
- Responsible in coordinating management responses to findings raised by auditors
- Monitoring the implementation of finance audit actions;
- Monitor progress with implementation of audit & investigation recommendations
- Responsible for all statutory compliance matter (Tax, Pension etc);
- A degree in Accounting, and Full accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent;
- Master’s Degree in Finance or MBA
- At least 8 years (post chartered accountancy qualification) experience in these areas.
- Demonstrated skills in developing, managing, and evaluating financial and administrative plans and policies;
- Experience working with government and donors;
- A thorough knowledge of, and dexterity with ERP software (Oracle);
- Well “horned” Experience working with international organizations involved in environmental and/or community issues would be an advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership skills and abilities;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within Tanzania Country Office and, as required, with external stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Engaging, Optimistic, Knowledgeable and Determined
- Exemplification of WWF’s key behaviors: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, and Innovate Fearlessly.
How to apply?
Applications must include a cover letter and CV wiht full contact details of three referees sent as one file with subject line ‘Finance Manager – Tanzania’ to The People & Culture Manager – Africa through [email protected] to be received not later than 30th January 2019 at 5.00pm.