Afya Plus is a local Non-Governmental Organization registered under NGOs Act no.24 of 2002 in Tanzania. Afya Plus is an affiliate of IntraHealth International Inc, a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, with more than 40 years of experience in over 100 countries in health systems strengthening and service delivery. As a local affiliate, Afya Plus brings a deep understanding of the country health context and offers a route towards local self-reliance and improved service delivery outcomes. Afya Plus envision a community with quality health care services for everyone, achieved by strengthening the quality to health care system through working in partnership with the Government of Tanzania, local communities and other key stakeholders. Afya Plus is in the Tohara Plus project consortium led by IntraHealth International that supports the Government of Tanzania to strengthen and accelerate the scale-up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for a maximum public health impact with funding support from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Afya Plus is soliciting applications from excellent candidates to fill the Finance Officer position based in Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania.
Summary of Role: The Finance Officer shall be responsible for providing technical support in budget and planning preparations, including providing technical assistance and training to program staff and other stakeholders as appropriate in financial management and Projects’ budget monitoring. He/she will be the first line officer in closing the Financial books of Accounts of the month with support from the Director of Finance and Adminstration as well as reviewing all the financial reports for accuracy and compliance purpose. The incumbent of this position will work under the overall supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Review payment vouchers to ensure internal control processes have been followed.
- Implement and maintain the financial policies and procedures, and monitors adherence.
- Provide technical support in in-house budget preparations, including providing technical assistance and training to program staff and others as appropriate in financial management and Projects’ budget monitoring.
- Provide technical support during participatory planning and budgeting sessions with the supported SNUs/Councils, including providing technical assistance appropriate in financial management and Projects’ budgeting and planning.
- Review all the financial reports for accuracy and compliance to donor rules and regulations and organizational policies.
- Prepare periodic financial reports as required by donor, head office and local statutory bodies.
- Assist in preparing Audits exercise for Afya Plus
- Review all documents for payments.
- Interface with Afya Plus field office on finance issues to ensure consistent adherence to organization policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties that might be assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have at least a degree in Accountancy /Financial Management or Commerce major in Accounting from a recognised University.
- Membership to a professional Accounting board shall be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ progressive financial management experience working within a busy NGO environment together with an experience of working with USG funded project/programs.
- Should have a thorough understanding of the statutory requirements regarding applicable taxes and other related remittances.
- Highly flexible, willing and able to independently work under minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
- Must demonstrate ability to account for deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Kiswahili is required.
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime contact telephone numbers and email address, as well as names and contact information of three referees should be submitted to the following email address: AfyaPlus.Recruitment@afyaplus.or.tz indicating the job you are applying for in the Subject line. The closing date for receiving applications is October 24th, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Afya Plus seeks to fill this position with the right person as soon as possible. Succesful candidate will be required to report one month after receiving an employment offer.