CAMFED (the Campaign for Female Education) is internationally recognised as a leader in education for girls, for its child protection policy and practise, and as a voice for girls’ education and women’s empowerment at the highest levels. Founded in 1993, CAMFED supports young women throughout their primary and secondary schools years, into economic training and further education, and onto leadership, as role models, activists and philanthropists. CAMFED Tanzania is looking to recruit Finance Officer to fill vacant position.
Job Title: FINANCE OFFICER (1 Post)
Under the direction of Senior Finance Officer or such other person as CAMFED shall from time to time direct. Finance officer is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and smooth running of an accurate and up-to-date accounting system; provide management information for planning, control and decision making; provide timely and accurate financial reports; support districts and other partners in financial management and record keeping.
- Donor Reports preparations support, including Co-Funds Accounting
- Preparation of Overheads Cost Analysis, including Donor Recoveries
- Support in preparation of financial reporting packs and annual accounts.
- Ensuring that all financial records, including documentation are properly filed and safely stored.
- Maintaining an accurate Fixed Asset Register and ensure accurate & proper calculation and posting of depreciation.
- Managing records on Gift In Kind (GIK) from community partners to the CAMFED Projects
- Review and Report on Cash Position on a weekly basis including Cash Requests as and when required
- Reconciling all Intercompany balances and preparation of clearing journals
- Tracking spending against planned activities and donor budgets.
- Be part of districts’ monitoring and capacity building
plans for non-finance staff and other stakeholders, especially in the areas of procurement, retirements of advances and school payments, revolving fund scheme of CAMA members, budget/contracts management and tracking as per CAMFED policies and guidelines.
- Postings of all expenditures and incomes within Finance ERP Database (Financial Force).
- Review of the Day to Day program and administration payment requisitions
- Performing Weekly Petty Cash Spot Checking
- Prepare, review and record daily financial Journals
- Managing Accruals preparation and postings
- Managing Monthly Balance Sheets Schedules Reconciliations
- Managing CAMFED Tanzania KIVA Loans to beneficiaries
- Administration of field advances and Petty Cash
- Support staff development, motivation and continuous on-the-job learning and training.
Other Activities, as and when required:
- Initiation of payments via Check and Online Banking Platforms
- Managing Staff and Stakeholders Retirements to the funds sent for various activities
- Bank and Cash Reconciliations on Monthly Basis
- Supporting Finance Deliverables as defined from time to time.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A degree in accounting and Finance.
- Registered with NBAA.
- Skills in excel, Salesforce database and other accounting packages as well as Ms Office
- Honesty and integrity
- An eye for detail, strong quantitative skills and a flexible, proactive and problem-solving approach to work.
- Ability to use own initiative and to work unsupervised.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to keep to deadlines.
- At least 3 years working experience in accounting or auditing field.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] on or before 16th September 2020.