Position: Finance Officer (Tanzania Nations only
Tanzania, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is looking for qualified candidate base at Kibondo,Kigoma
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator is to Ensure accountability and accurate financial reporting in conformity to NRC’s accounting practices and standards and donor requirements.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in project budgets preparations
- Prepare bank accounts and cashboxes reconciliations
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all financial and accounting files and transactions
- Ensure sufficient cash in the bank and in cash boxes
- Ensure, in coordination with the relevant project staff, that project / program expenses are incurred consistent with grant agreements and grant budgets
- Ensure timely payment of staff salaries and contractors and other expenditures
- Verify supporting documents to ensure completeness before payments where applicable
- Ensure proper and adequate filing system for financial documents
- Conduct weekly and ad hoc cash counts with the Finance Assistant and month end cash counts with the Finance Coordinator
- Ensure accurate reporting from all NRC’s Implementing Partners
- Prepare all necessary information for internal or external audits
- Prepare annual statutory returns where applicable
- Prepare monthly financial reports for submission to Regional Office or Kidondo office
- Assign duties, supervise, train and appraise the Finance Assistant.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting or any related field
- Certified Public Accountant level 2
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Good financial analysis skills
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good computer skills
Duty station: Kibondo
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Application deadline: 05/03/2020