Requisition ID: req9687
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in 40 countries, responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
With funding from donor governments, institutions, companies and individual supporters we strive to support people meet their basic rights with dignity and to be protected. In Tanzania, the IRC supports refugees and Tanzanian people in- and – out of camps with education and protection services.
If you are Tanzanian, with excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian, NGO or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for this position:
Job Overview/Summary: The Finance Officer based Dar es Salaam is responsible for ensuring daily Program and Financial management are carried out in accordance with procedures of donors and the procedures of IRC. He/she will be also responsible for training non finance IRC staff in order to facilitate good Financial planning and auditing and reporting to donors. He/She will will be directly supervised by the Senior Finance Officer.
- Ensure all payments are done to vendors, on training’s and awareness campaign such as per diems, transport and other related payments.
- Control and monitor the strong room.
- Prepare cash count every Friday and last working day of the month and submit to Senior finance officer for verification.
- Also will be performing Senior finance officer duties when is away either taking annual leave or other duties outside her work place.
- To stamp all finance vouchers paid, posted and pillar for UNHCR vouchers.
- Filling and proper arrangement of all finance documents.
- Ensure smooth process on the Budget vs Actual System.
- Initiate payments online and give it to senior finance officer for review before submission to signatories.
- Sending Remittance to suppliers once payments are done.
- To collect receipt from Logistic and vendors after paying.
- Prepare a bank reconciliation and send it to senior finance officer by 2nd of every month for reviewing.
- Assist program staff on filling finance document such as PRs, payment vouchers etc.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Assist other staffs on technical accounting issues when need clarification from department.
- To make sure that all related documents are attached on payment voucher also to make sure that the money taken as advances are liquidated before the closing of the months.
- Making a follow up with HR department on all remittances deducted from payroll for payment process.
- To work on staff appraisals with Senior finance officer when evaluation is due.
- Attend and participate in training’s identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Degree in Accounting from accredited college/Institutions in Tanzania.
- Minimum of one (1) years of accounting experience.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage
- Referees should comes from your previous or current supervisor.
Qualified women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application through our recruitment portal before 26th July, 2020.